Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A car parked in Long Eaton Station earlier this afternoon..

Mr Everyone

Jan 12, 2008
Long Eaton
....was sporting this! This will probably be of little significance to most, but the sheer joy I felt in seeing a fellow Seagull up here was priceless. Thank you, sir.

Attachments

• 2014-08-08 15.52.33.jpg
    2014-08-08 15.52.33.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 1,803

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I once suggested that the club give each season ticket holder a sticker with the date on at the start of the year, like the National Trust does. It would be provide a shedload of extra exposure at very little cost. I suppose they thought it was a silly idea.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
I see Albion cars all over the place. I went to university in Buckingham, and on my morning walk I regularly used to be passed by a guy in a car with Albion stickers in the back. I went in about 2006 with my Godfather's daughter to pick up her kids from a school tournament in Shaftesbury. What should be in a car parked along the road? An Albion sticker. I don't know if that was our own Dorset Seagull's car. Then in 2012 I attended the funeral of a family friend at Mortlake Crematorium. The car parked next to me had an Albion scarf in the back.

Merseyside Seagull

Dec 18, 2003
Wirral
I was at Warwick Castle earlier this week, and I saw 2 kids, one wearing the full Brighton kit (socks an all!) and one wearing a Seagulls baseball jacket. This plus my little'n wearing his Seagulls jeans, were the only football colours I saw all day.

Nothing to get excited about, however it was refreshing to see so far from the Amex.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
My dad used to live in Long Eaton.

Useless information, I know.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I don't understand how any Albion fan could end up with a red car.

A Ferrari aside, maybe, I could never buy a red car.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I was at Warwick Castle earlier this week, and I saw 2 kids, one wearing the full Brighton kit (socks an all!) and one wearing a Seagulls baseball jacket. This plus my little'n wearing his Seagulls jeans, were the only football colours I saw all day.

Nothing to get excited about, however it was refreshing to see so far from the Amex.

If you live on Merseyside you will see my car with an Albion sticker (or my wife's car with BHA numberplate) parked in Hamilton Square car park most days or in Liverpool City centre.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
I don't understand how any Albion fan could end up with a red car.

A Ferrari aside, maybe, I could never buy a red car.

At least it's a Jazz. But mine is white. And it has three stickers.

Edit: just trying to work out if that's some sort of Albion shirt he's wearing...

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Might have been Peter Ward's sister. She lives in Long Eaton with her Forest supporting husband.

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
Lived in West Bridgford for a decade or so, not so far from Long Eaton.There was a fair few of us around there, Wilford etc at the time - kids wearing Albion shirts in Asda, car stickers and the like.
Also the local florist & veg shop was run by Russell Slade's cousin....

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
Bozza really? West Bridgford is home to Trent Bridge and the City Ground for a start (yep - neither are in Nottingham).

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
saw a lad in an albion skint top in a village nr skegness last week !

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
Lived in West Bridgford for a decade or so, not so far from Long Eaton.There was a fair few of us around there, Wilford etc at the time - kids wearing Albion shirts in Asda, car stickers and the like.
Also the local florist & veg shop was run by Russell Slade's cousin....

And I met an old guy that claimed to be AEA's uncle in The South Bank bar, just by the City Ground, whilst watching us destroy Stains 3-1 away on Sky.

I've not heard of any of these places.
West Bridgford is the county town of Nottinghamshire though TBF, I expect lots of Notts folk have never heard of Lewes. Surely you must have heard or read of Long Eaton in speedway results? I believe they were in the top league in your lifetime and would have played (raced?) Eastbourne. If you were my age then you might recall that Gerry Fell was signed from Long Eaton Utd.

From another thread...
My son went to Austria last week and saw a boy wearing an Albion shirt.

Last edited:

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
See a few Seagulls badges in cars round these parts but yet to see anyone wearing the colours in the 12 odd years I've been here...

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
There was a bloke called Fletcher in a BHAFC top in Universal Studios the other day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here