Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

That Legia Warsaw player....

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
His appearance didn't influence the result. Very harsh decision.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Ha. But seriously, how can the player himself not know he's banned and say something

I imagine he didn't have a clue. He missed three games as per the ban. The error comes from the fact that Legia, for whatever reason, failed to register him in their squad for those three games. It's a basic admin error that's had no influence whatsoever on the result. Celtic are the luckiest club in Europe right now, as they were destroyed over two legs.

Poor guy's probably absolutely crushed- the Champions League is a big deal to clubs like them.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;6494510 said:
Inform yourself before posting mate, you sound like an idiot otherwise. Legia are being complete screwed over by the Uefa juggernaut.

Shame. As we won't get to see this lot marauding across Europe

http://youtu.be/7X3nGkTFjYE

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I see Oscar pistorius has sacked his legal team and replaced them with celtic. Apparently they have been successful at losing two legs and still winning

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
Ha. But seriously, how can the player himself not know he's banned and say something

He missed the previous two matches and the home leg tie against Celtic.

BUT because he was not in the squad the previous round, the suspension carries on forward - so he's only missed one of his 3 match suspension by UEFA rules.

Gertrude

May 10, 2014
I can see Legia taking Uefa to court over this. They will miss out on a lot of money. Stupidly harsh and very unfair.

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
A stupid admin error, and should be treated as such. Even if he had played the whole game and scored a hat trick, it is obvious that he had sat out 3 games as required and the club neither tried or obtained any advantage over those 3 games.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
All the Poles I know are highly efficient. There goes another stereotype smashed.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Isnt this the second time in recent years Celtic have gone through like this?

And then they get a easy as draw for the play offs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here