Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Minutes applause for PIPKIN 112 on 52nd minute tomorrow

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Just come back from Phil Gray's (Pipkin112) funeral service today and wanted to ask you if you'd all join me tomorrow afternoon celebrating Phil's 52years on the 52nd minute with a minutes applause,
Phil adored the ALBION and loved posting and reading north stand chat as some of you will know especially after all the kind tributes made on the RIP PIPKIN 112 thread recently
Thanks to anyone who chooses to join in
Cheers T Soprano :albion2:

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Just come back from Phil Gray's (Pipkin112) funeral service today and wanted to ask you if you'd all join me tomorrow afternoon celebrating Phil's 52years on the 52nd minute with a minutes applause,
Phil adored the ALBION and loved posting and reading north stand chat as some of you will know especially after all the kind tributes made on the RIP PIPKIN 112 thread recently

Look out for billy no mates in east upper. On my own as my son and his mates have evacuated to the north this season. I will mark the time and expect to have death stares :eek:

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Look out for billy no mates in east upper. On my own as my son and his mates have evacuated to the north this season. I will mark the time and expect to have death stares :eek:

The news is spreading fast you won't be alone in the minutes applause, I'm in the north as well now block A back row( with the massive Finland flag)

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Would be grand if an appropriate photo could be beamed on the big screens to coincide with the applause. Tho I'm thinking you may well have sorted that already?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

This is going round twitter with the #bhafc hastag. The Lets Talk BHAFC account has tweeted your FB post and I've just RTd it. Hopefully [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] will as well? Are you on the closed Brighton And Hove Albion group on Facebook? If so post it on there. If not then I will for you if you reply here.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Would be grand if an appropriate photo could be beamed on the big screens to coincide with the applause. Tho I'm thinking you may well have sorted that already?

I'm guessing the club could be hesitant doing anything official as it could possibly result in people expecting this every time an Albion fan passes away.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
This is going round twitter with the #bhafc hastag. The Lets Talk BHAFC account has tweeted your FB post and I've just RTd it. Hopefully [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] will as well? Are you on the closed Brighton And Hove Albion group on Facebook? If so post it on there. If not then I will for you if you reply here.

If you could spread it as many places as possible much appreciated

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham

I guess you're probably right.

Agreed, this is just a spontaneous gesture to an ALBION fan who's sudden death was a shock to so many who knew him and was only 52 years young, just thought he deserved some sort of tribute from ALBION fans and people on North stand chat where he spent many hours enjoying threads & posts written on here, I don't expect the whole stadium to join in but if just a few thousand join in then that's great

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
If you could spread it as many places as possible much appreciated

Done - FB and Twitter now. Will be joining in. Didn't know Phil myself though I recognise his face but I know quite a few of my mates did. 52 is no age. Hope for a great response.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Seen Phil's picture on Twitter. Never knew him to speak to but recognised straight away as being an Albion 'face' I'd seen over the years. I'm sure I used to see Phil and his wife in the North Stand concourse? Nice gesture for tomorrow on the 52nd minute. Lets all make it a success in Phils memory.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here