Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crystal Palace stars in pay bonus row with chairman Steve Parish

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The players certainly thought they were nailed on for relegation and negotiated the bonus pot , they can't have it both ways :ffsparr:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Players refusing to get measured up for the clubs official shellsuits...Pulis will be furious.

Wheels coming off before a ball has been kicked. Marvellous.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
83palaceparish1209.jpg

What on earth does he think he looks like :facepalm:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Greedy CJTC's. It's not as if they don't get paid enough in the first place. I find it rather hard to have any sympathy with professional Premiership footballers whinging about not getting enough money. :tosser:

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
If a business offers you a bonus and you surpass that target unexpectedly by a far greater margin, you would not think "hey I deserve more". You'd be sacked within the next breath you take, complete disgrace.

Can't wait to hear what Pulis thinks about this!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Absolutely. The players agreed the bonus, to suggest that they are somehow entitled to more on the basis that they finished 11th is a bit ridiculous. It's not as if their basic salaries are peanuts!

Am I the only one who read the article properly?

They are not disputing last season's bonus, it seems, but looking for a bigger bonus payment to be attached to survival in this coming season. They're negotiating the bonus to come, not one already done and dusted.

repomanse25

Jan 17, 2009
hove
had me thinking when first saw thread! turns out to be a bit of a non story and its the standard . who aren't are biggest fans. I should think most clubs go through this most seasons working out next seasons bonus payments

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think you're all missing the lead:-

palace earned £73m last season.

With the amount of dross still in the Premier League, we'll not be seeing them for quite a while.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Am I the only one who read the article properly?

They are not disputing last season's bonus, it seems, but looking for a bigger bonus payment to be attached to survival in this coming season. They're negotiating the bonus to come, not one already done and dusted.

Personally, I think they should be entitled to a lesser bonus for mere survival next season, on the basis that they managed it with consummate ease last time round.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
The main bone of contention is that the players want their new bonus to be 2 p to the pound and Steve is only offering a penny . A complete non story which will Dissapear quicker than your palace match threads .

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
had me thinking when first saw thread! turns out to be a bit of a non story and its the standard . who aren't are biggest fans. I should think most clubs go through this most seasons working out next seasons bonus payments

A non story unless it is true that the players are refusing to participate in commercial activity (which they are presumably contracted to do) because they want a bigger bonus than has thus far been offered. The sense of entitlement of (too many) professional footballers continues to disappoint. Kudos to the likes of Naismith and our very own Calde.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
There is only one thing here worthy of discussion and that's the sheer ridiculousness of Steve Parish's appearance. He deserves all he gets there.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here