Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FA Betting Rules...Any impact on Board of BHAFC?

adub68

Jul 25, 2013
The new FA rules on betting extend their prohibition beyond the UK and cover all Participants (including directors). The rules are much broader than writing a betting slip or getting a mate to do so.

Franks and Sugerman continue to be directors of Star Lizard Consultancy (TB is not a director of Star, although Star makes payments (c£750k in 2013) to Blue Lizard Consultancy for an office and equipment. TB is the main funder of Blue Lizard and he, Franks and Sugerman are directors).

Star Lizard states it business as "services to the gambling industry".

Given the extensive coverage of the revised FA rules can Franks and Sugerman both be directors of BHAFC and continue to be the directors of Star Lizard?

I assume that given the direct ownership of other clubs by groups with sports book interests (Stoke?) that someone has an answer to this. Perhaps the FA don't consider offering odds / running an Asian football handicap book to be betting.

Anyone know the answer to this?

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
I was of the understanding that any officials of a club (not just Directors and players) were now unable to bet on Football and this goes through most levels of football

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Yet the football league are actively encouraging fans to bet to try and win their club money and our club allow the setting up of free wifi at the Amex so fans can bet before and during matches - yes I know many grounds offer betting facilities but online betting is so much more accessible.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Is there a hint of rod and reel in the OP? Or is it just me?

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
Nobody down to Step Four is allowed to bet on any football anymore. Means that players playing for Worthing, Horsham, Burgess Hill, Three Bridges etc tomorrow can't even put money on a Premier League game

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
The new FA rules on betting extend their prohibition beyond the UK and cover all Participants (including directors). The rules are much broader than writing a betting slip or getting a mate to do so.

Franks and Sugerman continue to be directors of Star Lizard Consultancy (TB is not a director of Star, although Star makes payments (c£750k in 2013) to Blue Lizard Consultancy for an office and equipment. TB is the main funder of Blue Lizard and he, Franks and Sugerman are directors).

Star Lizard states it business as "services to the gambling industry".

Given the extensive coverage of the revised FA rules can Franks and Sugerman both be directors of BHAFC and continue to be the directors of Star Lizard?

I assume that given the direct ownership of other clubs by groups with sports book interests (Stoke?) that someone has an answer to this. Perhaps the FA don't consider offering odds / running an Asian football handicap book to be betting.

Anyone know the answer to this?

Yes, but why should I tell you?
You didn't need the specifics, what's your agenda?

Nobody down to Step Four is allowed to bet on any football anymore. Means that players playing for Worthing, Horsham, Burgess Hill, Three Bridges etc tomorrow can't even put money on a Premier League game

Not just players but all staff, on the basis that I periodically wash out the khazi's at Peacehaven FC and Bob has been known to give me a pint 'on the house' thus paying me, I'm gonna try and claim back the tenner I lost on the England v Costa Rica match.

adub68

Jul 25, 2013
No agenda and nothing suspicious meant by the original post.

Genuine albion fan with a genuine question who doesn't happen to post often on NSC - there are some of us!.

Simply occurred to me that the rules had changed recently;some of the clubs Board directors are actively involved in the gambling industry and wondered whether the club had clarified if this impacted on their roles if they continued to be active directors of Star Lizard. Perhaps my question has been answered indirectly by the club this evening given they both also became part owners of the club today I assume the other members of the Board believe there are no issues with their dual roles.

Lawro's Lip

Feb 14, 2004
West Kent
On the betting theme- just seem the start of the Blackburn v Cardiff game where the teams lined up with a massive Sky Bet banner held up behind them. Is that intended for all games or just when on TV ?

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
No agenda and nothing suspicious meant by the original post.

Genuine albion fan with a genuine question who doesn't happen to post often on NSC - there are some of us!.

Simply occurred to me that the rules had changed recently;some of the clubs Board directors are actively involved in the gambling industry and wondered whether the club had clarified if this impacted on their roles if they continued to be active directors of Star Lizard. Perhaps my question has been answered indirectly by the club this evening given they both also became part owners of the club today I assume the other members of the Board believe there are no issues with their dual roles.

:thumbsup: ok mate. I'm sure you understand what I mean. We too often get a visiting crackpot, often a "Nigel" registering then posting crap of various degrees. And of course the lack of posts is usually their undoing, so sadly you you were found guilty by association, though perhaps by profile might be more apt :)

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Not just players but all staff, on the basis that I periodically wash out the khazi's at Peacehaven FC and Bob has been known to give me a pint 'on the house' thus paying me, I'm gonna try and claim back the tenner I lost on the England v Costa Rica match.

Mmmm good luck with that then. I think you've got more chance of discovering we actually won the World Cup. :)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here