Paddy McCourt

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Barnsley & Hove Albion?

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
This rumour has cropped up before. Would be a disappointing signing. Some on hear will rate him but our performance vs Barnsley was one of the worst of the season. Other than that and another wonder goal he was very inconsistent and injury prone.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
So close to being Phil McHunt.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Didnt TB say at forum that we wouldn't bring in average players to make the numbers up?

Inconsistent and average are not the same thing. McCourt is no Messi, but on his day he is a game changer at this level.

If he earns a contract, he'll be a welcome addition.

McCourt, March, KLL, Buckley gives a good balance in the wide forward areas. The others, Buckley and KLL, especially, rely very much on pace. McCourt is a different type - more like Noone. Worth a look, for sure.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Inconsistent and average are not the same thing. McCourt is no Messi, but on his day he is a game changer at this level.

McCourt, March, KLL, Buckley gives a good balance in the wide forward areas. The others, Buckley and KLL, especially, rely very much on pace. McCourt is a different type - more like Noone. Worth a look, for sure.
Why wouldn't we just keep Orlandi? Injury prone and inconsistent... Unless McCourt will be on low wages I can't see why we wouldn't retain Orlandi over him.

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex

Once described as the "Derry Pele" :ohmy:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

I like watching players who are prepared to take on defenders.

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
He's a quality player....what he lacks is consistency but lets be fair, most wingers do. I think with better players around him (than at Barnsley) he would do well for us. He was loved at Celtic too! Let be honest, he's probably not going to start for us but we do lack many change up options out wide. I think this could be quite a clever signing. I highly doubt his wages will be too high also

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Why wouldn't we just keep Orlandi? Injury prone and inconsistent... Unless McCourt will be on low wages I can't see why we wouldn't retain Orlandi over him.

Lower wages? Less injury prone? More direct?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here