Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Other current conflicts in M.East with much higher death rates than in Gaza. No protests !

Jules

Jan 17, 2013
Interesting article in the mail on line today. In summary there are seven other conflicts involving Islamist groups currently happening in various countries all in the middle east region. All of these conflicts have higher death rates than the number killed in Gaza. There is very little reporting of these events and no protests from Muslims. Why are protests only about Israel, and not the other 7 countries ?

Discuss.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Acutally, Obama just said they will bomb ISIS, but anyway, South Sudan and Nigera are in a whole load of trouble

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Interesting article in the mail on line today. In summary there are seven other conflicts involving Islamist groups currently happening in various countries all in the middle east region. All of these conflicts have higher death rates than the number killed in Gaza. There is very little reporting of these events and no protests from Muslims. Why are protests only about Israel, and not the other 7 countries ?

Discuss.

We can discuss it all you wish, Jules. It won't alter the fact that Israel's actions in Gaza are deplorable, inhumane and shameful.

"Others are doing bad stuff, too.Why are you picking on us?" is a bit of an embarrassing defence, in my opinion.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic

Discuss.

If you see a comparison with these wars, and a people surrounded, forced into a tiny space, under economic blockade, and land being taken from them on a daily basis, tell us about it.

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic

Discuss.

Don't forget 1200-1400 plus civilians killed in East Ukraine as well which we don't hear about so much .

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
South Sudan:

Civilians subject to 'extraordinary acts of cruelty', including gang rape and ethnically motivated murder, says Human Rights Watch

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
a philosopher once said, you can kill as many of you own people as you like, but if you kill another people that's when everyone gets upset.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
If you see a comparison with these wars, and a people surrounded, forced into a tiny space, under economic blockade, and land being taken from them on a daily basis, tell us about it.

Have to agree with this yet the super powers close their eyes and ignore it

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

Discuss.

Another thread about poor old Israel, get over yourself.

I would put good money on the fact you are either a poster with a dual account or just on here to post pro Israel propaganda.

We are all well aware of other atrocities throughout the world there have been threads and discussions on them throughout NSC history.

There is no witch hunt against the Jewish race or Israel on NSC, only outcry at the deaths of innocent children and people that is a fact.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic

Absolutely no comparison. The US is assisting with food drops, and will be using air strikes to protect them.
They dont seem to be assisting the people of Gaza with food drops, and air strikes to protect them...despite describing Israels actions recently as DISGRACEFUL.
When your allies describe your actions as DISGRACEFUL...maybe its time to look at your actions.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Absolutely no comparison. The US is assisting with food drops, and will be using air strikes to protect them.
They dont seem to be assisting the people of Gaza with food drops, and air strikes to protect them...despite describing Israels actions recently as DISGRACEFUL.

Did you read the article?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Ive followed the story for two or three days...just because you notice it now, and try to use it in a rather sad attempt to deflect attention away from the DISGRACEFUL actions of Israel, is not my fault.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Ive followed the story for two or three days...just because you notice it now, in a rather attempt to deflect attention away from the DISGRACEFUL actions of Israel, is not my fault.

I wasn't trying to deflect anything. I pointed out there are other distressing situations in the Middle East. You chose to interpret it that way. Suffering is suffering, no matter who it is.

Jules

Jan 17, 2013
Actually I am neither. Interestingly you choose to post a thread condemning Israel for fighting back but ignore far worst atrocities happening in the middle east, yet you say it is not a witch hunt against Israel. Hmmm Sounds like you are somewhat picky about what you choose to condemn. Some people might interpret that as bias or prejudiced. .

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Actually I am neither. Interestingly you choose to post a thread condemning Israel for fighting back but ignore far worst atrocities happening in the middle east, yet you say it is not a witch hunt against Israel. Hmmm Sounds like you are somewhat picky about what you choose to condemn. Some people might interpret that as bias or prejudiced. .

Some people might infer you have not read, nor fully understood, some of the posts in this thread.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I wasn't trying to deflect anything. I pointed out there are other distressing situations in the Middle East. You chose to interpret it that way. Suffering is suffering, no matter who it is.

Yes you are trying to deflect. Thats what this thread is for. Its here for Israel apologists to grizzle.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Discuss.

Strange that of all your posts only 2 are about football.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here