Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Junctions that wind you up

Leas

Dec 3, 2011
mines the junction in Hove where going south down Olive Road it meets Portland Road , on my route to work in the mornings you can be 20 to 30 cars back before getting your slim chance of turning into Portland Road straight away ! arghhhhh :rant:

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Where Shirley Drive meets Old Shoreham Road, so many f*cking cocksuckers block the junction they need to paint one of those yellow boxes on the deck.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Turning right out of Newton Road into Fonthill Road is an absolute ****ing nightmare.
Turning in any direction at this junction. There was nothing wrong with it until they made the path wider and stuck bollards in the way.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
The whole of that junction south to the sea where the A23 meets the A27 from Shoreham to Southwick - you know the city centre bit.

On a return note - F***** dumb cyclist in Church Road last night, full cycling gear plus bag to go shopping in Tescos giving me a evil looks because HE THOUGHT I was about to pull out - I wasn't I saw him about 10 secs before he saw me and he was doing about 30 in the 20MPH zone. I'm the one that should be giving the evils !!

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Two within a mile of each other. The cocked-up arrows in the two lanes of the westbound exit slip from the A27 on to the A23. The outer arrow apparently invites drivers to go across the roundabout and rejoin the A27 which is probably not what is intended. "Probably" is a bad word in the context of road junction signs.

One junction along, for the Dyke, there are no arrows at all as you cross the cross the A27 from north to south, meaning that even mildly dim drivers find themselves in the wrong lane for turning right on to the A23.

And has anyone mentioned the tediously slow junction around New England Road, underneath the railway bridge?

Moire near misses.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Slip road off A27 Eastbound up to roundabout at the Dyke. It's almost blind pulling out onto the roundabout, while cars heading from brighton try to come round the roundabout 2 abreast, and some w****r in a 4x4 decides they are afr to important to queue with everyone else and try to race you round in the outside lane ........................... and relax

*edit* and who decided to allow right turns on dyke road heading south at BHASVIC. That was the start of the f*** *p now known as the 7 dials

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Turning in any direction at this junction. There was nothing wrong with it until they made the path wider and stuck bollards in the way.

Agree. I'd say the crossing may well be safer for pedestrians, but the risk of a collision between cars has gone through the roof since they changed it. Madness I tells ya.

edit: spelling

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Oathall avenue into Oathall road haywards Heath
But the good news the Haywards Heath relief road is unofficially open and is now relieving the pressure on South Road which is being dug up by Southern Water for three months for essential new water Mains. Hope they finish on time as on the 13th September the pro bike race is going through the middle of the Town B2272(was A272)

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Springfield Road on to Preston Road (the busy 2 lane one-way bit), you can barely see what is coming along Preston Road because of the cars and vans parked outside the shops and have to start pulling out blind. They rebuilt it a couple of years ago to fix the drainage issues and make it more pedestrian and bike friendly, they failed to fix the most obvious problem though!

Earlybird

Jul 23, 2003
Brighton
The new junction outside Brighton Station.
4 ways of traffic get the green light at the same time!!
Im assuming thats not how its going to be left?
#britishbulldog

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
A27 roundabout near the Cuilfail tunnel where the 2 lanes of traffic from Brighton meets the lane of traffic leaving Lewes and tries to go onto Eastbourne. They built a bridge over the railway at Beddingham a few years ago and 'improved the layout at this roundabout' but still failed to sort this junction out properly and it's still a major bottleneck at various times of the day and can lead to traffic queuing back into Lewes so car users go through the town instead of using the by-pass as well as hindering those who want to turn right onto the A27 (towards Brighton) from Lewes only to find cars blocking the way as they all fight to get across the roundabout and into the single lane for Eastbourne (golden opportunity missed to sort this out properly a few years ago)

The A27 Kingston roundabout at night, the trafiic from Brighton only has enough time to travel about 200 yards at the speed limit of 50mph approaching this roundabout before the green light turns red again only to remain red for about 3 times as long as it was green and usually there is no traffic going around the roundabout from any other direction.

Earwig corner, Lewes - Should have been a roundabout for the last few decades and this bottleneck hasn't been addressed and leads to trafiic queuing a long way back into the town around rush hour. (usually joining up with the traffic queuing to go out through the Cuilfail tunnel as above)

Obeying the speed limit of 20mph in Brighton along the Lewes road (either direction) often means that if you hit one red light that you will hit them all as you head along that stretch. It appears that they weren't adjusted from when the speed limit was 30mph and all this does is increase the carbon footprint because of cars stopping and accellerating again from these lights when they should be able to go along at a near constant speed.

The light sequencing again, but this time from the 7 dials down to London Road and beyond just backs up the traffic and doesn't let cars, etc move forward to clear space for more cars when the lights change to green as the cars ahead can't progress because they are stopped at a red light. The first light goes back to red and you're lucky if one car has made it through the lights under the railway bridge

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Slip road off A27 Eastbound up to roundabout at the Dyke. It's almost blind pulling out onto the roundabout, while cars heading from brighton try to come round the roundabout 2 abreast, and some w****r in a 4x4 decides they are afr to important to queue with everyone else and try to race you round in the outside lane ........................... and relax

Agree 100%. Used to make my blood boil when that was my commute.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here