Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Southend high street

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Imagine this going up in brighton. They used to have a west ham shop too.

No southend shop in city centre either.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407431326.760209.jpg

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Urgh.

How are the locals reacting? Is there a lot of antipathy to the idea? And what about Southend United - what has the club said about this? And their supporters?

I find it truly horrible that corporate bullies like Spurs are moving in on the territory of smaller community clubs. We must never allow that to happen here.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
It's a bit of a kick in the goolies considering they don't have a SUFC shop.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
I'm sure I read that Charlton used to pick up fans and bus them to the valley from right outside the Priestfield.

*was when Charlton was in the prem.

Same applies , football clubs should respect boundaries. With the internet people of Southend who want, could easily buy Spurs/WHU merchandise.

Edit; or of course go into JJB sports, sports direct et al. I'm sure there are many in the town

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I can't believe a) How thick/deluded some of their fans are. One of them was even arguing that that was GOOD for Southend United. Self-hating. And b) that there is enough of a market in South-bloody-end to sustain a Spurs shop selling the usual plastic junk. Even assuming that there are, what, 200 Spurs fans living in Southend, with another couple of thousand visiting in the summer, would they really be buying enough tacky merchandise in there to sustain that place?

This frenzied marketing of modern football clubs is presumably based on something akin to here in the US. There's a lot of money sloshing around in US sport admittedly but you really wouldn't want to copy the set up wholesale.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I'm sure I read that Charlton used to pick up fans and bus them to the valley from right outside the Priestfield.

*was when Charlton was in the prem.

Same applies , football clubs should respect boundaries. With the internet people of Southend who want, could easily buy Spurs/WHU merchandise.

Edit; or of course go into JJB sports, sports direct et al. I'm sure there are many in the town

I always felt a bit snakey when I heard they were bussing them in from Sussex too.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
I was in Southend today and didn't notice this grim sight. It's not surprising though is it? Everyone in these parts seem to support West Ham, Spurs or Arsenal..you even see a fair few Liverpool tops knocking about for some reason.

You get what you deserve I suppose.

Jan 30, 2008
i was in southend today and didn't notice this grim sight. It's not surprising though is it? Everyone in these parts seem to support west ham, spurs or arsenal..you even see a fair few liverpool tops knocking about for some reason.

You get what you deserve i suppose.
haven't they got a rivalry with that big club called orient though :rolleyes:
regards
DR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here