Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
24 days of transfer window left.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
24 days of transfer window left.
24 days to find 4-5 decent players to make us play off candidates again and give us that much needed depth to our squad. I don't have that much hope to be honest Bob

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Only our first season in the Championship do I remember us having pretty much all of our business done by the 1st game of the season, Gus's last season we went nuts on transfer deadline day, not to say we will again but I think the club will be in for a couple more players, they no the squad is weak, but how is that going to help us sign new players by publically stating our squad is currentyl weak, how is it going to inspire the current team its not, how will it help us in the transfer market it wont.

If people think we are desperate then they are going to push for that little bit more, its far from ideal, but it is what it is. lets grind out a few results and hope that come the 31st we are in a stronger posistion.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
Is it too late to expect the signing of a striker? Do we have our starting line up in place? Even the rumours have dried up, we can't even hope now ha ha.:ffsparr:

It is horribly quiet, you are right.
Guess we work with what he have for Saturday.
So what do you reckon....

Will Kemy start?
Will Sami play just the one up front? and who will that be?
Who will miss out between Greer, Dunk and Hughes?

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Meanwhile Brentford pick up Nick Proschwitz on a free from Hull. 2.5m signing 2 years back and a real handful.

northernseagull

Mar 12, 2013
The irony is that one decent signing and all the doom mongers on NSC would suddenly sprout a pair and state 'we're promotion candidates' for sure. I'm pretty certain Hypia and co are aware we need signings :thumbsup: I would rather my club was run in a decent ethical manner than the likes of Forrest and co - Personally I'm quite looking forward to our new crop of youth being given a chance... Who would've thought Ince would push for player of the season in 2013/14? Chin up chaps

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I'm as happy about our current situation than I've ever been.
Our stadium, training ground, finances, two play-off finishes, current squad with an opportunity for further signings, and management teams on and off the field that are knowledgeable football people.
It's a good time to be an Albion supporter.

We seem to have a fair few (a minority who make a lot of noise) that feel we should gamble with our finances and risk everything. They are probably the same people who max out their credit cards and then just transfer the debt to a new card convincing themselves that everything will be fine.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Have no fear, Tony says we'll have a competitive Championship squad that we'll all be pleased with by the end of August, so let's wait to see what the next few weeks brings. The current squad should be well capable of getting 3-6 points by 31 August, which will see us handily placed in the bottom half of the table, ready for a big push over the balance of the season. We do like to do things the hard way.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Meanwhile Brentford pick up Nick Proschwitz on a free from Hull. 2.5m signing 2 years back and a real handful.

...and scored 1 in 10 for Hull and 1 in 3 for Barnsley. NSC would be up in arms if we signed him.

Meanwhile we sign someone with a better strike rate for the same team, and a better recent record, and people slag him off and don't even reckon he'll play. You have to wonder.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
It is horribly quiet, you are right.
Guess we work with what he have for Saturday.
So what do you reckon....

Will Kemy start?
Will Sami play just the one up front? and who will that be?
Who will miss out between Greer, Dunk and Hughes?

It is so quiet, when even rumours stop it becomes deadly.

From what I seen of the pre season there does ot appear to be too much difference from before. It'll be one up front i'm sure. My real concern with all the non happenings is the fate of the new manager, he has a tough job on him and an expectant crowd. Having reached the playoffs twice in two years its not unreasonable to expect the same this year otherwise we will be in reverse. He only has three strikers to choose from an energetic SD man, a newly signed unfamiliar man from a relegated side who played a very different strategy to us and CMS who no one seems to pass to. It will be revealed on Saturday and we will all be shouting for a result, I couldn't tell how its going to go.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003

Who was horseshit at Hull and horseshit at Barnsley.

Carry on.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
...and scored 1 in 10 for Hull and 1 in 3 for Barnsley. NSC would be up in arms if we signed him.

Meanwhile we sign someone with a better strike rate for the same team, and a better recent record, and people slag him off and don't even reckon he'll play. You have to wonder.
SO much this^. He is a woeful player. Good luck to them.

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell

4 goals from 783 minutes played at Barnsley is a better average strike rate than COG sustained over a longer period.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007

We seem to have a fair few (a minority who make a lot of noise) that feel we should gamble with our finances and risk everything. They are probably the same people who max out their credit cards and then just transfer the debt to a new card convincing themselves that everything will be fine.

Yes.

But we also have a fair few who are just genuinely starting to question how we are to compete in the next few years with other clubs, despite having the biggest attendances and the highest season ticket prices in the division (or one of). We are nowhere near self sufficient at the moment, despite selling our best players and having such high crowds and merchandise sales, which is the aim of Bloom, so will need to make even further cut backs if that is the aim.

It's not about 'gambling' as such, it's more that a large number seem to feel this 'self sufficient' business model may have a number of rather large floors.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Wow really depressing to think that Bournemouth and brentford look better than us at the moment.

Do they? do they really? and this is not to disparage Brentford (if any of their fans should happen across this).

Brentford's team against Palace last week:

Stockdale, Proven prem goalie >> David Button, journeyman keeper, only played a handful of games at Championship level
Adam ChicksenYoung hopeful, looks promising >? Alan McCormack, barely played above league 1 level
Aaron Hughes, Proven prem defender >> James Tarkowski, young but not played above league one level
Gordon Greer, Proven Champ defender > Tony Craig, Palace reject
Bruno, Proven Champ defender > Jake Bidwell, young but not played above league one level
LuaLua = Marcos Tebar, looks like a decent, experienced player
Andrew Crofts > Jonathan Douglas, apparently somewhat past it
Ince > Alan Judge, previously failed at Championship level
Solly March >= Moses Odubajo, young and promising, never played at this level
O'Grady, proven recent scorer at Champ level > Nick Proschwitz, not as good a recent record
CMS, reasonable scorer and provider at Champ level > Gray, never played a league game.

Stop being so blooming negative.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here