Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tickets Remaining for Sheffield Wednesday

There will be a lot of empties in the home stands as many STH's will be on holiday. But to compensate, Saturday's game could be the highest away attendance of the season (barring a big club in the cup where we have to give 15%)

Wednesday have taken 2500 tickets as as of yesterday had shifted at least 2500 of them. S1A and the western half of S1F are likely to be the sterile areas with Wednesday fans taking the rest of the south stand and part of the SE.

Currently the following home tickets are available (now much easier with the new ticket site :lolol: )

North, Including corners: 483
West Lower: 809
West Upper: 214
East Lower (excluding Family): 319
East Upper: 355
South West: 156

Total: about 2400 + any others held back (judging by whats on sale, I think this will be minimum) + any empties on the school shelf (maybe 100) + any empties in the family stand (guestimate 270 in E1G and 80 in E1A, B and C)

So, with this info we should currently be looking an an announced attendance of about 27500. Taking into account sales for the next 48 hours and any unsold that might be held back, I predict an announced attendance of 28350

Reality will be less than 25000 in the stadium, but still bloody good.

Last edited:

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Fair play to Sheffield Wednesday for selling that many tickets. I don't think any club brought over 2,000 last season?

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Fair play to Sheffield Wednesday for selling that many tickets. I don't think any club brought over 2,000 last season?

Agree, and it's a fair trek from Sheffield, and with plenty of their fans on holiday too. Should be a great atmosphere, can't wait, despite the concern over lack of incoming transfers, as soon as the players come out, sure that will all be forgotten and we'll really get behind Sami and the boys.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

Leeds bought nearly that last year (1960) on a Tuesday night in February when they had little to play for. Probably the most impressive turn out last season.

[tweet]433346661956349952[/tweet]

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Great attendance but you have to remember a lot of them have left Sheffield to live somewhere nice down South.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Brilliant attendance . So negative on here the atmosphere looks like being crap . If players can start off playing ok I think the fans will back them as no one expecting anything .

Rights and wrongs of this shambles of a summer will be gone at 3pm and it's our club , our town .

Back the boys !

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

I think the club has altered its strategy on sending out initial allocations , Charlton have also been given 2,336 as a first tranche of tickets which look likely to sell out and they could also ask for more. It will be interesting to see how many those clubs with smaller away followings are given or ask for.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Great attendance but you have to remember a lot of them have left Sheffield to live somewhere nice down South.

On the other hand a lot of them seem unreasonably scared of being anally interfered with whilst down here :lolol:

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

The best turnout was from Derby in the play-offs, with 2,447. Then it was Reading (in the Cup) with 2,154.

Top five regular season turnouts were:-

QPR 1,976
Leeds 1,960
Charlton 1,869
Forest 1,804
Ipswich 1,784

maglers

Apr 26, 2011
There will be a lot of empties in the home stands as many STH's will be on holiday. But to compensate, Saturday's game could be the highest away attendance of the season (barring a big club in the cup where we have to give 15%)

Wednesday have taken 2500 tickets as as of yesterday had shifted at least 2500 of them. S1A and the western half of S1F are likely to be the sterile areas with Wednesday fans taking the rest of the south stand and part of the SE.

Currently the following home tickets are available (now much easier with the new ticket site :lolol: )

North, Including corners: 483
West Lower: 809
West Upper: 214
East Lower (excluding Family): 319
East Upper: 355
South West: 156

Total: about 2400 + any others held back (judging by whats on sale, I think this will be minimum) + any empties on the school shelf (maybe 100) + any empties in the family stand (guestimate 270 in E1G and 80 in E1A, B and C)

So, with this info we should currently be looking an an announced attendance of about 27500. Taking into account sales for the next 48 hours and any unsold that might be held back, I predict an announced attendance of 28350

Reality will be less than 25000 in the stadium, but still bloody good.

I'm on holiday but have given my tickets to a mate and his two kids. Always do when I'm away. Plenty will do the same I'm sure.

Eagle Slayer

Jul 15, 2007
Worthing
Would be impressive if Wednesday did manage to beat Palaces away crowd at the Amex of 2,661 which I assume is still the largest away following bar the Arsenal cup game ?

Feb 14, 2010
Well 27000 is about 10,000 more than if it was at Sheffield. I hear we are taking 3000 to Leeds. Not bad bearing in mind Brighton is attractive place to go in the summer and well,Yorkshire doesnt have the same attraction for a weekend away as Brighton with the beach, clubs and all that.

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
Well 27000 is about 10,000 more than if it was at Sheffield. I hear we are taking 3000 to Leeds. Not bad bearing in mind Brighton is attractive place to go in the summer and well,Yorkshire doesnt have the same attraction for a weekend away as Brighton with the beach, clubs and all that.

3000 away for a midweek game! No chance in West Yorkshire.

Feb 14, 2010
3000 away for a midweek game! No chance in West Yorkshire.

I meant last year. We had leeds early on and was it 2500/3000 left the beach to head to er Leeds? Either way its still 10,000 more than that MASSIVE club Shef W would get at their place... now who wrote that famous post comparing gates for games of us v Shef W at their place and our at the Goldstone..? Amazing when you think of our lack of success compared to theirs. As for their away support, well a good third or even a half of their away following live in London / South and so 3000 for a first game of the season with a beach / club weekend in Brighton as well is not really that impressive if you ask me. Leeds would bring 10000 if we let them .. (yes thats leeds another MASSIVE club who get smaller gates than us). Makes you think doesnt it.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
I meant last year. We had leeds early on and was it 2500/3000 left the beach to head to er Leeds? Either way its still 10,000 more than that MASSIVE club Shef W would get at their place... now who wrote that famous post comparing gates for games of us v Shef W at their place and our at the Goldstone..? Amazing when you think of our lack of success compared to theirs. As for their away support, well a good third or even a half of their away following live in London / South and so 3000 for a first game of the season with a beach / club weekend in Brighton as well is not really that impressive if you ask me. Leeds would bring 10000 if we let them .. (yes thats leeds another MASSIVE club who get smaller gates than us). Makes you think doesnt it.

If the opening game was at Hillsborough the gate would be more than 17,000. We'd take 1,500-2,000 tops.

I am unsure what point you are trying to make, or what wonders you are trying to make us think of????

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here