Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Guardian season preview

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I have absolutely no idea what to expect this season.
I hope we don't end up at the end of the season ruing the 2 or 3 points that we needed for promotion because of fielding sides in August that were dictated by not having a more in depth squad.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
could do if we have no injuries or suspensions

Lol because that's ever happened.

I agree with the above poster, we'll finish 15th/16th, flirt with relegation unless we really pull off something special between now and September 1st, and the suggestion that some of our preferred targets are going elsewhere can't feel good.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there

I wish I was optimistic but fear a poor start with the squad we've got and Sami being exposed and pressurised as a result, leading to poor performances and a general struggle. With a decent left back and with Toko fit (which doesn't sound like it) and Stephens back soon I think we could do OK and maybe hover around top ten but with Chicksen at left back, very little depth in an aging centre defence, injured midfielders and injury prone wingers I'm adjusting my normal optimism. Just can't see it happening this season, which is a real shame - will be interesting to see how attendances fair.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Mid table at best.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I wish I was optimistic but fear a poor start with the squad we've got and Sami being exposed and pressurised as a result, leading to poor performances and a general struggle. With a decent left back and with Toko fit (which doesn't sound like it) and Stephens back soon I think we could do OK and maybe hover around top ten but with Chicksen at left back, very little depth in an aging centre defence, injured midfielders and injury prone wingers I'm adjusting my normal optimism. Just can't see it happening this season, which is a real shame - will be interesting to see how attendances fair.
Exactly this.

scwiffy

Jun 24, 2011
Haven't we been Dark Horses every year on our return to the Championship?

For once though, the competition around us seem a lot stronger than us. I'd say that article is pretty spot on.

Im predicting 7-10th, POG is better than most people rate him here, i expect him to bag a handful of goals, but Ulloa he's not. We still have money in the bank to pull out some surprises but I'm not that hopeful. As for Hyppia, f**k knows, but seems less convincing than OG even with his Champions League experience.

Hopefully attendance's won't suffer. 1 big transfer could spark more optimism

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Toko is looking unlikely to start on Saturday because of a swollen knee in pre-season means he isn't fully fit and still needs time on the pitch. Looks like he'll be on the bench.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I was asked at work about the Albion's chances. I said, without thought or emotion, that we were looking at mid-table this year. It seems such thoughts are not in lonely isolation.

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;6491729 said:
We won't create enough chances, and of those that we do? We won't score enough...

Ie. desperately crying out for creativity and clinical finishing.
we havent got that clinical forward and we havent really got that creative midfielder we need

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Lol because that's ever happened.

I agree with the above poster, we'll finish 15th/16th, flirt with relegation unless we really pull off something special between now and September 1st, and the suggestion that some of our preferred targets are going elsewhere can't feel good.

wont happen.

We've still got decent players though , Our first 11 is still decent. Should have enough to win saturday and then things will look better. First month CMS and COG have to step up from the start otherwise we will struggle. Possible

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
First two seasons at the Amex we had few injuries to key players which helped us finish higher than we would have done otherwise. Just off the top of my head as an example. So stop making stuff up.

Name one season even with extensive research that we've had with NO injuries or suspensions?

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
Name one season even with extensive research that we've had with NO injuries or suspensions?

We got pretty luck in 2010/11 with regards injuries and suspensions. The only seriously damaging one came to Murray once we'd won the title

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Be honest, did anyone predict Burnley to get promotion last season? They only bought one player - Barnes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here