Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dobbie

Jan 15, 2013
Sky Sports understands Crystal Palace forward Stephen Dobbie is set to join Fleetwood Town on season-long loan. Dobbie has found himself down the pecking order at Palace and Fleetwood have moved to bring in the Scot in what a coup for the League One new boys.

couldnt of happened to a nicer guy!!

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Thanks for this. Made my day. No really it has.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Not far from Blackpool, he obviously likes that area.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Surprised that he has gone on an all season long loan and Palace didn't let him go on a free transfer.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Sky Sports understands Crystal Palace forward Stephen Dobbie is set to join Fleetwood Town on season-long loan. Dobbie has found himself down the pecking order at Palace and Fleetwood have moved to bring in the Scot in what a coup for the League One new boys.

couldnt of happened to a nicer guy!!

What was up with him? Obviously poor for us (although Poyet may be partly to blame there) but what did he do to warrant the 'couldn't have happened to a nicer guy' bit?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;6491697 said:
I doubt anyone would be willing to take him on his current wage

He has only got another year on his contract , a Championship or League 1 club could have given him the assurance of a 2 or 3 year deal to offset the prospect of being released and struggling to find another club as he will be 32 in December.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
did i hurt your feelings with that 1? sorry dobbie's mate

haha no not at all. It was a genuine question as apart from being poor and ending up up the road I didn't feel particularly strongly about the guy. Not like lickle Leon when he bad mouthed us after leaving - was just wonder if I'd missed something.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
He's probably on £20k p/w at Palace (£1.04million p/a). Earning £5k p/w at League 1/2 club would earn him £780k over 3 years. Would you quit your job and move somewhere that required you to work for 4 years to earn what you could earn in just 1?

Jan 15, 2013
haha no not at all. It was a genuine question as apart from being poor and ending up up the road I didn't feel particularly strongly about the guy. Not like lickle Leon when he bad mouthed us after leaving - was just wonder if I'd missed something.
no didnt miss anything mate, i just didnt like the guy, seemed cocky without backing it up...

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
What was up with him? Obviously poor for us (although Poyet may be partly to blame there) but what did he do to warrant the 'couldn't have happened to a nicer guy' bit?

did i hurt your feelings with that 1? sorry dobbie's mate

I know for a fact the guy was very outspoken in training and on the team bus to away games in regards to who he thinks should be playing and who shouldn't be, and why.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;6491724 said:
He's probably on £20k p/w at Palace (£1.04million p/a). Earning £5k p/w at League 1/2 club would earn him £780k over 3 years. Would you quit your job and move somewhere that required you to work for 4 years to earn what you could earn in just 1?

Do you honestly believe he is on the same money as Judas ? Palace could have let him go by mutual consent and made a settlement payment. Fleetwood won't be contributing all that much to his current wages which makes me think that Palace are hedging their bets - if they're relegated they can renew his contract , if not give him his P45.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
I know for a fact the guy was very outspoken in training and on the team bus to away games in regards to who he thinks should be playing and who shouldn't be, and why.

Well I'm glad to see how far he's fallen then! Also very pleasing to see Palace spending that on wages too but worrying that we must have been paying similar and not playing him.....

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

I agree, l know he had a miserable time with us, (although he didn't get to start too many games), and the Palarse connection apart, Stephen Dobbie CAN be a very good player indeed.

I'm surprised to see him playing his football down in League One. I have a feeling though that he will do very well for Fleetwood this season.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Give me a new contract f*****g now :sheep:

DobbyDH.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here