Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Train Travel Question

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Am coming by train Saturday for the first time and trying to work out the best connections. If I leave at full time what time am I likely to arrive back at Brighton station? Obviously I know there will be queues but need to err on the side of saftey so I don't miss any connections to the South West

Last edited:

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Am coming by train Saturday for the first time and trying to work out the best connections. If I leave at full time what time am I likely to arrive back at Brighton station? Obviously I know there will be queues but need to err on the side of saftey so I don't miss any connections to the South West

It would depend were you're sitting but I would think you'd be back in Brighton for 5.30-5.40 at the latest if you left at full-time. You will however need to a circuit of Brighton station to get back onto another trainer and possibly queue up there for 10 minutes if you've only

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire

Ah !

This depends on when full time actually IS. However, if you take your lead from those around you this will probably be after 82 minutes, which means that with a bit of luck you'll be back at Brighton Station in time to catch a train west........though you didn't specify how far south west. Don't forget the Gatwick - Dorking - Reading route if you have half a life time to spare.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
[MENTION=13166]Dorset Seagull[/MENTION] ...Give it an hour from final whistle to being on platform at Brighton waiting for connection. Barring the occasional train disaster, this should be plenty for the queue at falmer (30-40), the journey (10) and the queue at Brighton (10) for platforms 1/2.

There is no logic to the Brighton queue though, so it's the same queue for the two platforms regardless of how far down the line you want to go, so if a Hove only train comes in they don't try to filter out the Hove only travellers or anything, they just let through the next 100 (or whatever) people from the queue, the vast majority of which will have to get off at Hove and wait for the next train. And if you were the 101st person but only wanted to go to Hove then you have to wait for the Portsmouth/Southampton/Littlehampton/whatever train coming in next.

Enjoy the game and safe journey home.

Dorset Seagull

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?305831-South-West-Seagulls

Dorset Seagull, you may find this page helps you out in the future!

Thanks and I did join the groups the other day and haven't had time to investigate. I live in Shaftesbury North Dorset and assume you guys travel along the coast for pickups which would mean a 35 min trip to say Ringwood to meet up. Train to Durrington ( Where free travel starts ) will cost me about £37 return with less hassle so this is what I am looking at as an option.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
South west Trains £15 return Gillingham to Clapham with their summer fever tickets and then whatever the fare is down to where the travel zone starts.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
We come in from Southampton.

Last season there was all the building work at the station so it was all a bit of a shambles getting the train back, with the beautifully helpful staff shutting the gates too early and generally being GOONS

I am HOPING it will be better this season

Dorset Seagull

We come in from Southampton.

Last season there was all the building work at the station so it was all a bit of a shambles getting the train back, with the beautifully helpful staff shutting the gates too early and generally being GOONS

I am HOPING it will be better this season

I have the option of coming via Southampton from Salisbury. Any advice on timings? I assume you only need a ticket to Durrington which looks like it is the start of the inclusive travel

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I have the option of coming via Southampton from Salisbury. Any advice on timings? I assume you only need a ticket to Durrington which looks like it is the start of the inclusive travel

Do you need to be back for a specific time? If not, just go with the flow & have another pint.
[MENTION=394]nail-Z[/MENTION] gull travels back to Somerset after games and doesn't seem to struggle to make a train at a reasonable hour so I'd have thought Dorset would be similar.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here