Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What happens if the big spenders have complied with FFP?

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Just a totally random one here, but what if sides like Forest and others people are quoting as obviously taking the piss out of FFP pass it? I've been thinking that it's surely an absolutely mental thing to gamble on this sort of embargo/sanction ruling which could significantly weaken a side.

IF they were to all pass, and 24/24 teams in the Championship pass FFP, how would BHA respond?

We have the highest attendances, highest season ticket sales, one of the most expensive on match days and we're not able to compete with these sides, if they're complying with FFP, what gives?

Obviously this is just a throw away topic because I also think a few must surely fail, but a part of me is still thinking why any club would flout the rules so stupidly at the risk of long term punishments?

I know the Premier League is a massive financially sound fix, but there are only 3 spaces, and to me the risk/reward divide is too big to risk it.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
No one really knows do they? I don't think Man City appealed there 50 million fine and Arsenal or Everton certainly didn't take it further. If Premier league chairmen are not challenging FFP i cannot see Championship owners either. But then again Premier league clubs have more to lose like entering Europe(Fifa )

Be interesting to see how Birmingham,Bolton,Boro,Forest and Blackburn get on in Jan when we will know more about results for FFP.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here