Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Full revenue, wage bill and losses for Championship clubs 2012/13

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
In view of some of the comments received, here are the full most up to date figures.

Oh..........Bournemouth's most recent wage bill was £11 million, ours was a tad higher.

IMG_0734%5B1%5D.JPG

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
So...why isn't our revenue matching our attendance, when our ST prices are some of the highest in the league and it's one of the most affluent areas in the country?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
So...why isn't our revenue matching our attendance, when our ST prices are some of the highest in the league and it's one of the most affluent areas in the country?

I think you forgot to mention the amazing pie sales too #PrayForSarah

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007

I'm guessing (looking at the teams above us - ie Blackpool) it was to do with parachute payments counting as revenue.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Matchday: Albion £10.5m Leeds £9.7m
TV and Central distributions £5.4m to £6.7m
Merchandise £1.4m to £4.7m
Commercial £6.2m to £8.1m

Total £23.5m to £29.2m

Gosh, thank you. I didn't think the tv revenue would be a huge difference. Merchandise is quite a shock. Presumably that will alter with Nike now on board.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
That's not just the players wages is it? That was for the whole Amex operation, and Poyet was on a nice seven fugure sum. Don't know what Tanno and Oatway were on but I am sure they did ok. Perry, Barber and Burke didn't do too bad I'm sure. Did Bloom pay himself in this period?

I would imagine when we first went to the Amex we probably over staffed the place to make sure it ran smoothly.

Expensive operation as a whole in any case but those figures give the impression that it was just on players.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
That's not just the players wages is it? That was for the whole Amex operation, and Poyet was on a nice seven fugure sum. Don't know what Tanno and Oatway were on but I am sure they did ok. Perry, Barber and Burke didn't do too bad I'm sure. Did Bloom pay himself in this period?

I would imagine when we first went to the Amex we probably over staffed the place to make sure it ran smoothly.

Expensive operation as a whole in any case but those figures give the impression that it was just on players.

1: Bloom didn't take out a penny.
2: It clearly says wages, that's for the whole club, no inference that it is just players.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
The most shocking thing for me is how every club made massive losses, apart from one - a club who had recent parachute payments and finished 17th.

Football is ****ed. The only solution is a wage cap. Have some bottle and just do it FL.

Blackpool, Palace and Barnsley and nearly Peterborough made a profit that season. Palace's profit was solely down to Zaha, wasn't it? I guess that is the thinking behind our academy. Produce players to play and then sell to plug the gaps.

sebtucknott

Aug 22, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea

I believe it was around £15m for players. Which split across 35 players (1st/dev) is £8.5k a week. Yet some people still believe our highest player is on no more than £10k a week. Personally I wouldn't be surprised if it was £20-25k per week for some.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Gosh, thank you. I didn't think the tv revenue would be a huge difference. Merchandise is quite a shock. Presumably that will alter with Nike now on board.
Will it alter though? Leeds are genuinely well supported across the country and even abroad. Albion are big in Sussex. That will only change if we ever got any sustained success.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Will it alter though? Leeds are genuinely well supported across the country and even abroad. Albion are big in Sussex. That will only change if we ever got any sustained success.

I had an interview with two board members of the Albion a few months ago. They implied that commercial revenues had been poorly negotiated and we still had a hangover from the Withdean era.

Expect commercial income to show a substantial rise in 2013/14, some bonuses are dependent upon it!

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
The most shocking thing for me is how every club made massive losses, apart from one - a club who had recent parachute payments and finished 17th.

Football is ****ed. The only solution is a wage cap. Have some bottle and just do it FL.

The club who finished 17th made huge loses,Blackburn ???

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I had an interview with two board members of the Albion a few months ago. They implied that commercial revenues had been poorly negotiated and we still had a hangover from the Withdean era.

Expect commercial income to show a substantial rise in 2013/14, some bonuses are dependent upon it!
Even with the iron on sponsor and increased price for replicas? :whistle:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here