Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Celtic out of Champions League

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
You're right. They should completely abandon their national league as people in England feel theirs is better.

I do sometimes think that some of the constant moaning about Scottish football on here borders on the perversely obsessive. In the same way that the away fans who massively overdo the homophobic abuse against us are probably closet homosexuals, I can't help wonder if some of the posters on here secretly sneak up for naughty weekends in Glasgow watching Scottish football.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
You're right. They should completely abandon their national league as people in England feel theirs is better.

I do sometimes think that some of the constant moaning about Scottish football on here borders on the perversely obsessive. In the same way that the away fans who massively overdo the homophobic abuse against us are probably closet homosexuals, I can't help wonder if some of the posters on here secretly sneak up for naughty weekends in Glasgow watching Scottish football.

Celtic obviously believe they're so much bigger than Aberystwyth Town also involved in qualifiers.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Another year where the SPL ranking points are unlikely to improve at all, continuing to guarantee their need to go through qualifying rounds. Oh well.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

It's not moaning. It's laughing. Scottish football is utterly hilarious right now. You're trying to tell me for one second that if the tables were turned Scotland wouldn't be doing the same?!?!

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
July 14:

Manager Ronny Deila says it is "stupid" that Celtic have to negotiate three qualifying rounds just to make the group stages of the Champions League.

Thanks to Scotland's poor club ranking, Celtic must beat Icelandic side KR Reykjavik and two other teams to make the group phase.

"Celtic have been fighting for many years with the best teams in Europe," said Norwegian Deila.

"It is stupid the Scottish coefficient is not regarded as good enough."
“It's very unfair that going to the last 16, as we did two years ago, is not going to be recognised”

"I knew before I came here that we had three qualifying rounds," added Deila, who was appointed on 6 June.

"That's wrong because you have to take into consideration the club, not the country.

"We need the biggest clubs in the Champions League, who have deserved it.

"It's very unfair that going to the last 16, as we did two years ago, is not going to be recognised.

"But it's a problem in every small country. We maybe have one good team but the other ones are dragging that team down."

August 6:

Celtic will not feature in this season’s Champions League after an abject performance saw them slip to a 2-0 defeat to Legia Warsaw in the second leg of their third qualifying round tie at Murrayfield.
Celtic’s Champions League’s hopes ended with a 6-1 aggregate defeat, leaving them with only a Europa League play-off tie to look forward to.

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Ahaha not only out but totally destroyed 6-1 over 2 legs. :lolol:

Bye bye arrogant 'big' club who think they should just 'skip' qualifiers as they are so much better than all other teams involved. Happy days :clap2:

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
V D to us......!!!!

Would have been nice too have got him at the time. Whenever I've seen him play he's looked class, easily end up in Premier League. Southampton, Newcastle and Swansea apparently after him. I'd of thought he'd be well suited to Liverpool as well. Never mind - it shows the scouting network works.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here