Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shawn porter v Kell brook ... IBF Welterweight World Championship ... Saturday 16th

magicman555

Aug 27, 2008
Screenshot_2014-08-06-20-37-38.png

Looking forward to this one! Kell has been waiting a long time for this......for me personally.....I think we will have a 'NEW' British world champion.

Cant wait!!

Anybody else looking forward to this??

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Yup, I think and hope that "Special K" can do it.

magicman555

Aug 27, 2008
Brook cancelled before, so will not get excited till he is in the ring and then I give him a good chance

Well he is now in the states and says he is more 'ready' than ever. I know its usuall talk but its taken so long to get to this position I think he would rather fight injured (please god this dosent happen)

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
And I wouldn't be surprised if one of them got injured before the 1st bell rings

Absolutely agree, wouldn't be surprised at all.

If it does go ahead then I really hope Kell can do it, he's a class act but I'm slightly worried by porters new found power as Malignaggi found out last time out. There has been a lot of bad blood with regards to the drug testing for this fight which I'm sure will become an issue if Kell gets beat.

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
I must admit I read the thread title as Dawn Porter v Kelly Brook and got quite interested. How disappointing.....

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
Porter wide points decision

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
It's make or break for Kel. He seems a very likeable and honest bloke and I really hope he wins. Something in my gut tells me this is a step to far for him though. Porter is a beast. The quality of opposition in their last three fights is vast. Porter dispatched of Paulie Mallignaggi MUCH easier than Ricky Hatton and Amir Kahn, and I personally think Paulie is a superior fighter now than when he fought them. If Kel's game plan is spot on, and he has sorted his stamina issues, then he can win. But it's a big ask in my view.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Great win for Kell. It was a close fight but he did land the cleaner shots and was the only fighter to clearly rock the other. Some of Jim Watts scoring was highly questionable to me as I had Brook 3 rounds up. Porter came forward crudely but the aggression wasn't effective in terms of clean shots landed.

Brook vs Khan at Wembley would come close to the Froch vs Groves hype if this was made in the early summer of 2015.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Nothing unusual there then - he does come up with some very odd cards.

I quite like Watt as a commentator and usually I'm not a million miles away with his cards, but regularly when he score British fighters fighting away from home he scores it from a home judges perspective rather than as a neutral. Tonight he seemed to side with Porter early and give him all the close rounds just because he was the home fighter.

Would be interesting to see how the Showtime team scored it and the compubox stats. The fans didn't question the decision too much and some left straight after the bell.

D

Deleted member 18477

Just watched it! Wow! Not the cleanest of fights but to have 2 American judges score that in favour of Brook means the result in justified for me. The Brit scoring it a draw!

New world champ of the world!

What's next? Brook v Kahn at Wembley? Oh my! Surely both will fight once more before that fight though as Wembley won't be free until after the footy season next summer! And the winner v Mayweather?

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Absolutely delighted for Kel. Amir Kahn's face in the studio when Ryan Rhodes said he thinks Brook has the beating of him was an absolute picture. Really really hope it happens. I think Kahn could easily come unstuck against Alexander or Guerrero in his next fight, so we might not see the mega fight.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here