Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Forest spending getting silly now

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
How much money must they have spent last two years. Absolute crazy.

Does there chairman know something we don't about the sustainability of FFP?

If I sound jealous that's because I am.

It's not lack of investment from a transfer fee perspective that frustrates me. It's how quite clearly our wage structure is not conducive to where we as a club want to be. It's time we excepted that this method isn't working and take a slightly more calculated risk without being wreck-less.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Good grief.

So, what is your solution to our predicament?

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Buts its fine you see because the 2 they sold to Newcastle are being loaned back to them. They're paying a grand total of 0% of their wages for the season ahead so the signing they've made today clearly comes from.the.savings they made from 2 salaries

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Good grief.

So, what is your solution to our predicament?

How about up the max weekly wage and start paying the going rate instead of mincing about every transfer window

Just a suggesting like

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
How about up the max weekly wage and start paying the going rate instead of mincing about every transfer window

Just a suggesting like

Where's this money going to come from? Are you planning on emptying your piggy bank and handing the club the millions needed so the debts don't increase?

Just a suggesting like

Where is the extra money going to come from prey tell?

Unless you can answer this, bugger off.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
If your happy to except that Adam Clayton is off to Middlesborough because he likes the area then you a fool.

Like so many other players we have lost out for one reason and one reason only. Other clubs are prepared to pay more.

If the likes of Boro can afford it on there shit crowds (and there are plenty of other examples) then why can't we with 26k plus every week?

Unless you can answer this, bugger off

Last edited:

I'm very happy thanks.

Players wage demands are going through the roof, somebody has to pay them and it won't be you or me.

The fact you want success and want it NOW sort of tells a lot about you really.

So, I ask you again, where exactly is this money going to come from?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
If your happy to except that Adam Clayton is off to Middlesborough because he likes the area then you a fool.

Like so many other players we have lost out for one reason and one reason only. Other clubs are prepared to pay more.

If the likes of Boro can afford it on there shit crowds (and there are plenty of other examples) then why can't we with 26k plus every week?

Are you for real?

We all know why players go elsewhere and thankfully the owners of the club don't listen to idiots like you when it comes to potentially dumping the club deep in the financial shit. The type of financial shit that allowed Stanley and Archer to almost destroy this club.

I suggest you are the one who needs to bugger off if you refuse to engage your brain before posting.

We all WANT the best players at The Albion, some of us realise that we can't always get what we want if we don't have the money.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Because our 26k plus isn't every week, it's not even once a fortnight. Gate receipts were £8.7 million from those attendances, there are five clubs in the division receiving £18 million from parachute payments, and a further five receiving £9 million.

So there's your answer.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Are you for real?

We all know why players go elsewhere and thankfully the owners of the club don't listen to idiots like you when it comes to potentially dumping the club deep in the financial shit. The type of financial shit that allowed Stanley and Archer to almost destroy this club.

I suggest you are the one who needs to bugger off if you refuse to engage your brain before posting.

We all WANT the best players at The Albion, some of us realise that we can't always get what we want if we don't have the money.

Ha

Do you realise what a sanctimonious old fart you sound like?

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Because our 26k plus isn't every week, it's not even once a fortnight. Gate receipts were £8.7 million from those attendances, there are five clubs in the division receiving £18 million from parachute payments, and a further five receiving £9 million.

So there's your answer.

But Middlesborough aren't one of them. Which is why it was my example.

I get the parachute payments.

What I don't get is how teams like Boro and Bournemouth are more adept in the transfer market than we are.

Are people seriously defending our recruitment policy. Not quite sure where you've been for the last three windows

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
How much money must they have spent last two years. Absolute crazy.

Does there chairman know something we don't about the sustainability of FFP?

If I sound jealous that's because I am.

It's not lack of investment from a transfer fee perspective that frustrates me. It's how quite clearly our wage structure is not conducive to where we as a club want to be. It's time we excepted that this method isn't working and take a slightly more calculated risk without being wreck-less.

I tell you what. Why don't you offer to buy the club from Tony Bloom and then you can run it as recklessly as you want.

Actually, don't. I want a club to support for the rest of my life.

I really despair if this is truly your opinion.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Ha

Do you realise what a sanctimonious old fart you sound like?
Do you realise what a clueless twunt you sound like?

I'm guessing you're eagerly awaiting your 16th birthday.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

So there's your answer.

Are Middlesbrough one of them?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Just a suggesting like

Never do anything involving money management. This isn't Football Manager.

EastUpperSeagull

Jul 3, 2013
The one thing that frustrates me is that we are paying the going rate for a prem club in terms of season ticket and match day "stuff" however we are sticking to FFP more rigidly than any other club in the championship. Our inflated prices compared to the rest of the league is not being directly invested in the playing staff.

However to counter that id rather the club has a sustainable future so on balance I'm ok with it. I reckon that disconnect (higher prices vs less investment) is the source of most resentment though.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here