Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Question for the Apple fraternity

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Can I just turn up at the Apple and buy something or do I need to make an appointment ?

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
Just turn up, there is sometimes no kiosk so you have to wait for someone to come over while you look at the product you want to buy, (if it's a computer, phone or iPod)

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
Is this what society has come to when people put up posts asking how to buy something from a store! :D

Walk in, say to a member of staff you'd like to buy product, exchange money for said product and that's all there is to it.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I don't go in there. I find their expertise intimidating compared to my lack of it.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Can I just turn up at the Apple and buy something or do I need to make an appointment ?

The only time you need an appointment is with the 'Genius Bar' if you have a problem or need showing something. The store also runs free helpful tutorial sessions for certain things across their product range where you'd need to book a place.

In terms of buying something, or checking products out, don't expect to walk into the store and not have a member of staff ask you if you need any help within the first 60 secs....

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Walk in, say to a member of staff you'd like to buy product, exchange money for said product and that's all there is to it.

Don't forget the little bit of your soul you also need to give them that they keep for eternity….

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

If it's something on the shelf, like software, accessory, or hard drive for example and you have an iPhone. You can use an app, scan it, and walk out with it, without even talking to a member of staff. :)

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Is this what society has come to when people put up posts asking how to buy something from a store! :D

I'm sorry, I don't understand.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
If it's something on the shelf, like software, accessory, or hard drive for example and you have an iPhone. You can use an app, scan it, and walk out with it, without even talking to a member of staff. :)

It's amazing isn't it...

But apparently I've heard their stock loss through theft is absolutely monstrous. I guess it's a fair trade-off for having a shop rammed full of people all day every day.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It's amazing isn't it...

But apparently I've heard their stock loss through theft is absolutely monstrous. I guess it's a fair trade-off for having a shop rammed full of people all day every day.

Theft of Apple products is a terrible thing…..:(

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I have often thought of wandering in to the Apple store and asking if a customer can preselect the pattern of the inevitable cracked screen on an i-Phone.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I don't go in there. I find their expertise intimidating compared to my lack of it.

Try Solutions Inc, then.

They are really helpful without going overboard (OSR near Hove cemetery, or next to Donatello's (used to be there, at least).

To the OP: I've been into the Apple store a few times, gone straight up to someone and asked for the product I'd like. They are almost taken aback that they can't impart their knowledge about all things Apple onto you :lol: It's as if they expect people to be browsing and not actually making a purchase.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
To the OP: I've been into the Apple store a few times, gone straight up to someone and asked for the product I'd like. They are almost taken aback that they can't impart their knowledge about all things Apple onto you :lol: It's as if they expect people to be browsing and not actually making a purchase.

That's where I'm at. I want to go in, buy a macbook pro, pay and leave. I don't want all the setting up because I enjoy doing that. Then I want to come home, sign in to NSC and get depressed.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Then you'll be fine. Good luck :thumbsup:

scoobiewhite

Jan 29, 2012
Albourne / Brighton
Last time I visited apple it went like this...and bear in mind I'm a very positive person generally speaking.

Enter and approach first 'genius'.

Me - 'high there I've just bought this new MacBook Pro...'

Genius - 'WOW that's awesome, aren't they incredible'

Me - 'we'll yes, they are my preference of laptop, but what I need help with is...'

Genius - 'whatever you need help with, we will sort it, it's an amazing bit of kit and were highly trained'

Me - 'great, I've backed up my old MBP using time machine but it won't restore to the new machine'

Genius - 'that's a tricky one, let me get my friend over'

Me - 'ok'

Genius 2 - 'WOW, we've never had that happen before'

Me - 'really? Forums seem to be full of it'

Genius 2 - 'no honestly, it's never come up, are you a private customer'

Me - 'no, business'

Genius 2 - 'oh, in that case we can't help you. Wait right here and I'll get the business team'

15 minute wait

Genius 3 (business team genius) - 'hi sir, my colleague has explained your problem and I'd love to help. Unfortunately I can't solve your technical problem but if you need any help making any more purchases....'

Me - 'never mind...'

Got it sorted 3 days later with help from forum. Geniuses?, not so much.

Last edited:

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Last time I visited apple it went like this...and bear in mind I'm a very positive person generally speaking.

Enter and approach first 'genius'.

Me - 'high there I've just bought this new MacBook Pro...'

Genius - 'WOW that's awesome, aren't they incredible'

Me - 'we'll yes, they are my preference of laptop, but what I need help with is...'

Genius - 'whatever you need help with, we will sort it, it's an amazing bit of kit and were highly trained'

Me - 'great, I've backed up my old MBP using time machine but it won't restore to the new machine'

Genius - 'that's a tricky one, let me get my friend over'

To be fair, that is tricky….

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here