Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Close to signing Ward???

South Stand Rebel

Sep 6, 2012
Kenny Jackett doubts Stephen Ward move to Brighton & Hove Albion
Stephen Ward of Brighton & Hove Albion celebrates scoring their first goal during the Sky Bet Championship match against Nottingham Forest on May 3, 2014© Getty Images
Tweet
By Jack Prescott, London Correspondent
Filed: Wednesday, August 6, 2014 at 15:30 UK
Last Updated: Wednesday, August 6, 2014 at 15:30 UK
Wolverhampton Wanderers boss Kenny Jackett has claimed that Stephen Ward is not close to joining Brighton & Hove Albion.

The left-back had been expected to make a permanent switch to the Seagulls this summer after spending last season on loan at the Championship club.

However, Jackett insists that the Republic of Ireland international remains a Wolves player.

"Nothing has developed at all. He has been with us getting fit, getting match fit, which he needs to be for his next challenge," he is quoted as saying by Sky Sports News.

"He is a good professional. He had a good year last year, playing regularly at left-back in a side who got in the playoffs, but we're not close to anything and as far as I'm aware Brighton haven't been in touch."

Ward joined Wolves from Bohemians in 2007.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Wolves are playing silly buggers. This one's going to run longer than Forrest Gump.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Kenny Jackett doubts Stephen Ward move to Brighton & Hove Albion
Stephen Ward of Brighton & Hove Albion celebrates scoring their first goal during the Sky Bet Championship match against Nottingham Forest on May 3, 2014© Getty Images
Tweet
By Jack Prescott, London Correspondent
Filed: Wednesday, August 6, 2014 at 15:30 UK
Last Updated: Wednesday, August 6, 2014 at 15:30 UK
Wolverhampton Wanderers boss Kenny Jackett has claimed that Stephen Ward is not close to joining Brighton & Hove Albion.

The left-back had been expected to make a permanent switch to the Seagulls this summer after spending last season on loan at the Championship club.

However, Jackett insists that the Republic of Ireland international remains a Wolves player.

"Nothing has developed at all. He has been with us getting fit, getting match fit, which he needs to be for his next challenge," he is quoted as saying by Sky Sports News.

"He is a good professional. He had a good year last year, playing regularly at left-back in a side who got in the playoffs, but we're not close to anything and as far as I'm aware Brighton haven't been in touch."

Ward joined Wolves from Bohemians in 2007.

Really ? I find that hard to believe. If so, what is going on ?

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Wolves playing delaying tactics. Probably happy to make us wait to see if we do cave in before transfer deadline day.
They have paid his wages all summer so another 3 weeks make no difference.
It also means we do not have a settled back four for the opening games as I am sure they see us as a rival.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It's a shame that a player who has been with us and knows us well is not keen on a drop in £150k's worth of wages.

Bozza has said several times that it's not the wages that is the problem, but Wolves wanting a transfer fee for a player that they don't want and only has one year left on his contract.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
......"OK you want a fee,then we will give your fee,but on the last day of August....not on the first day of July.....or we could trade !!!!!! "

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
It's a long drawn out conflict with the good guys always getting their prize!

I see what you have done there fella, conflict good guys always win etc....

Why make a smarmy pro Israel comment on a football thread your not clever, in fact I'm ashamed you support the same club and I could be sat next to you at the Amex.

Your a prat.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I understood it was not so much a fee Wolves were haggling over as some bonus or other that Ward is owed. They don't want to pay it and would like us to do so instead.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
If Ward drops his wage demand by a couple of grand a week, maybe he could pay Wolves himself on the never never :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here