Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just to clarify.....

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Following the Clayton debacle, the silence on ward and the comments last night does this actually mean that we won't see any new signings before sat?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Last day of the transfer window, 11th hour buys I imagine. This will be followed by some Premier League lightweight young fringe player signing in the loan window :wink:

I expect Ward to go somewhere else too, I would if I had the opportunity given how long this is taking.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
We've got 46 hours.

Player will only be eligible to play in a match organised by The League if the appropriate forms for his registration or the transfer of his registration (other than those referred to in Regulation 41.3) are received (including by facsimile) and found to be in order by the Executive by 12.00 noon on the day prior to the date of such match.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Ward is the only possibility really from what i heard. Sounds like that could be close.
Clayton looks like its dead in the water and he will be at Boro this season.
Baldock well can not see us agreeing a fee with bristol city. 4 million is well overpriced for a player who is a free agent in less than a year.
Not really been anyone else linked or speculated about in recent days that makes me think we are even close to signing someone else.
Before the end of transfer window i would expect just 2 other permanent signings. When the PL clubs have then sorted themselves out i expect 2 more on loan. That being a x2 striker, attacking midfielder and a CB. Them along with ward.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
We've got 46 hours.

Player will only be eligible to play in a match organised by The League if the appropriate forms for his registration or the transfer of his registration (other than those referred to in Regulation 41.3) are received (including by facsimile) and found to be in order by the Executive by 12.00 noon on the day prior to the date of such match.

Better hope we avoid any Welsh players this close season then.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Ward is the only possibility really from what i heard. Sounds like that could be close.
Clayton looks like its dead in the water and he will be at Boro this season.
Baldock well can not see us agreeing a fee with bristol city. 4 million is well overpriced for a player who is a free agent in less than a year.
Not really been anyone else linked or speculated about in recent days that makes me think we are even close to signing someone else.
Before the end of transfer window i would expect just 2 other permanent signings. When the PL clubs have then sorted themselves out i expect 2 more on loan. That being a x2 striker, attacking midfielder and a CB. Them along with ward.

I don't know where 4 million for Baldock has come from.

[tweet]496626570048843776[/tweet]

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I don't know where 4 million for Baldock has come from.

[tweet]496626570048843776[/tweet]

The same place as 8 million rising to 10 million from Ulloa came from. Stop making what we consider derisory offers and pay the asking price or just feck off? Except we have waited until the end of the transfer window to play this game rather than starting at the beginning and getting the deal done by the end of pre season.

May 18, 2013
Following the Clayton debacle, the silence on ward and the comments last night does this actually mean that we won't see any new signings before sat?

Why is it 'the Clayton debacle'? As far as I am aware the club has never said whether he was a target or how close he ever was to signing. The only thing which ramped the whole story up was media and social media people claiming to have sources that said he was moments away from signing, apart from those involved in the transfer who knows how true that was.
I can't understand why so many people are so focused on having to have all the players in before the start of season. Two years ago we finished fourth and yet we had Orlandi, Spanish Dave and Hammond join on deadline day. I'd settle for the same league position again...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here