Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Advice - Overseas supporter - first time @ AMEX ?

db2002

Aug 6, 2014
Wonder if someone can help me with some advice.
I live abroad, but will be in the UK this Saturday, so I’m able to make my first trip to the AMEX (first day of the season as well – perfect !)
Only trouble is, my flight home is straight after the match from Heathrow.
I have arranged (bribed) a friend to pick me up after the game and run me to the airport.

I’ve heard that the ground can be difficult to get away from.
My lift will arrive just before the end of the match and will try to avoid parking their car.
Is there a good place where a car can wait (as opposed to Parking) and get away from the ground relatively easily ?
Friend is not a supporter and has never been to the ground - and I do not know the layout, access or likely black spots.

Any advice would be much appreciated

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
You : Exit the ground & cross the footbridge over dual carriageway heading towards the northernmost entrance to the Sussex University & pass straight over the roundabout
Car : parks up on the Uni slip road prior to the roundabout
Fast exit to A23

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Wonder if someone can help me with some advice.
I live abroad, but will be in the UK this Saturday, so I’m able to make my first trip to the AMEX (first day of the season as well – perfect !)
Only trouble is, my flight home is straight after the match from Heathrow.
I have arranged (bribed) a friend to pick me up after the game and run me to the airport.

I’ve heard that the ground can be difficult to get away from.
My lift will arrive just before the end of the match and will try to avoid parking their car.
Is there a good place where a car can wait (as opposed to Parking) and get away from the ground relatively easily ?
Friend is not a supporter and has never been to the ground - and I do not know the layout, access or likely black spots.

Any advice would be much appreciated

I've only been dropped off at this spot, so don't know about being picked up, but there is a large lay-by about 100yards from the West bound Falmer exit on the A27. Coming from Brighton toward Falmer you'd need to go past and head to Lewes and turn back on yourself at the next roundabout. You can't park there, but when I've been dropped off there is nothing to stop you pulling into the lay-by. There is a footpath from the lay-by up alongside the Falmer slip road, and is a 10min walk from the stadium. It would mean you'd be straight off without any traffic toward the A23, and you don't get stuck on any slip road queues.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Would recomend somewhere like Lucraft Road or the bottom of Coldean near to Hikers rest. Easy for your friend to stop for a couple of minuites and gives good access away without being stuck in a jam in the Uni car parks.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Brighton Uni might be an option.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here