Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cellino and his measured views on McCormack

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
http://www.tribalfootball.com/artic...k-didnt-give-a-f-4034364?utm_source=main_feed

Leeds United owner Massimo Cellino has taken aim at Fulham signing Ross McCormack.

Cellino insists he never wanted to lose the Scot.

"Ross McCormack is a beautiful player. I didn’t come to Leeds to sell Ross McCormack. But for him I was nothing, a new owner, he’s got a lot of money from Fulham, the chance to live in London. What can I say? I love you McCormack, stay with me?

"He doesn’t give a f***. He didn’t show up to training. He didn’t fly with the club to pre-season. I was so p***** off that when Fulham called me I asked them for £10m to make them not buy the player. They said yes! Bloody hell.

"David Hockaday, the first day he heard McCormack wanted to go he said, 'I don’t want him in pre- season, sell him'. I told Hockaday, 'Did I ask your f****** advice? No. So shut the f*** up'."

:lolol: Marvellous. That Chairman/Manager relationship is always so crucial isn't it.

Leeds are going to be SO much fun this season.

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
Brilliant article. The man's a lunatic and is clearly going to be great entertainment.

I suspect hockaday will be something of a puppet manager.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
This is fantastic stuff, football always needs its fair share of MENTALISTS and Cellino seems to really be excelling in the role.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Love it, there seems to be quite a few proper head mental Italian owners. Spinelli, Zamparini, Gaucci, De Laurentiis and this guy Cellino. Look them up, it really is most entertaining.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Cut through some of the crazy delivery, and there's a lot of sense in what he says, isn't there?

That said - it'll either end in trumph or complete disaster - I can't see too much middle ground with this one.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
"I asked them for £10m to make them not buy the player. They said yes! Bloody hell. "

Seems a decent tactic, one apparently practiced by Southampton as well in the Luke Shaw deal.

As for Hockaday, if he is still there by November I'll be amazed.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
"I asked them for £10m to make them not buy the player. They said yes! Bloody hell. "

Seems a decent tactic, one apparently practiced by Southampton as well in the Luke Shaw deal.

As for Hockaday, if he is still there by November I'll be amazed.

He is clearly doing the media rounds this week ahead of the new season as there was a similar article in the Daily Mail (I know, I know, followed a link from Twitter and had a good wash afterwards) which had some interesting detail with regards the manager, apparently he's on £80k a year whereas McDermott was on £750k. The article intimated this was the sole reason for sacking McDermott!

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
He may be mad but the fact he got £11m for McCormack shows other people are madder

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now

As for Hockaday, if he is still there by September I'll be amazed.

Fixed it for you.:thumbsup:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Fixed it for you.:thumbsup:

"He has asked me about five or six players," said the Italian before unintentionally damning his new manager: "Don’t forget where he came from; league five. Talking with managers of Premier League clubs, Championship clubs, is a new thing. He’s like a baby, who is in a toy shop."

Mmm. I think you could be right if thats anything to go by...

Can't wait for the Leeds games this season. I have a sneaky feeling his mad ways will work once he gets a manager on the same wavelength as him, obviously poor old DH is just a cheap easily compensatable option until he gets his real guy

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
sorry, is that a real interview? i saw Easy 10 post and assume its one of his comical insights.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Can't wait for the Leeds games this season. I have a sneaky feeling his mad ways will work once he gets a manager on the same wavelength as him, obviously poor old DH is just a cheap easily compensatable option until he gets his real guy

Cellino IS the manager, Hockaday is just a coach. Hockaday has already been quoted as saying his job is simply to train the squad and get them ready for matchday, Cellino buys the players HE wants and will probably be picking the team on matchdays. Leeds are going to be such a train wreck this season, marvellous stuff.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
New signings are forbidden from staying at the Malmaison in the city centre because the hotel’s colour scheme is purple, a colour Cellino believes is bad luck. Cellino has therefore also refused to sanction the signing of Barney as Leeds' new left back.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-mess-engulfed-Elland-Road.html#ixzz39brsRAFW
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

What will he have to say about David Stockdale when he wears the purple goalie jersey on August 19th ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here