Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Outside the Amex on Saturday.

Maximus

Jul 24, 2007
Brighton
No beer, but a fan zone where people can get together before the game, including buying food and soft drinks. The club are in the process of applying for a license to sell beer outside of the stadium.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
No beer, but a fan zone where people can get together before the game, including buying food and soft drinks. The club are in the process of applying for a license to sell beer outside of the stadium.

Surely that's inside the Amex isn't it? NOT OUTSIDE!! THEY DONT KNOW WHAT THEY'RE DOING!! OH MY GOD WE'RE DOOOOOOMED

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
There are a number of plans to really Albion-ise the outside of the stadium and make it more of the whole match day thing for a fan.

These include live bands and food and drink concessions including alcohol.

The licensing for the latter has already been resolved, however Sheffield Wednesday is a Category A game and as such alcohol will not be sold outside on Saturday. I believe it should be available for Cheltenham and then for the Bolton league game.

A very good analogy I heard last night is that, for a fan, approaching the Amex from the station should give the same sort of feeling that players get walking down the tunnel onto the pitch.

It won't all be in place on Saturday, but we should see the first stuff then, with more to come later.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
[SUP][/SUP]
There are a number of plans to really Albion-ise the outside of the stadium and make it more of the whole match day thing for a fan.

The licensing for the latter has already been resolved, however Sheffield Wednesday is a Category A game and as such alcohol will not be sold outside on Saturday. I believe it should be available for Cheltenham and then for the Bolton league game.

A very good analogy I heard last night is that, for a fan, approaching the Amex from the station should give the same sort of feeling that players get walking down the tunnel onto the pitch.

It won't all be in place on Saturday, but we should see the first stuff then, with more to come later.

Sounds good. Exactly what is needed

Wonder if the hitler stewards have been told about it (for when we can drink outside)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Wonder if the hitler stewards have been told about it (for when we can drink outside)

This is going to be for pre-match. What I'm not sure about is if it will continue post-match. If it does, I can't see there'd be an issue with taking an in-stadium bought drink to the outside area, but I'm speculating on that.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Great idea. It was the one annoyance that if you had mates / family in a different stand you couldn't have a drink together at the ground before kick off (unless you queued up at Dicks Bar.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
[SUP][/SUP]

Wont the Sturmabteilung be mobilised to control the train queues ???

Geriatric Seagull

Nov 10, 2009
Littlehampton
I thought this thread was going to be about Burke standing outside at 1.30p.m. looking for anybody under 40 who looks half fit and who might be willing to try on the pair of size 10 boots he's holding!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
It'll be a difficult thing to organize for the club. You can imagine the first game being a gorgeous day and it being overwhelmed by punters. The next week they double the number of outlets and staff and it pisses down.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Will be excellent if there's a variety of independent food outlets serving thai, mexican etc etc :drool:

Dont need that.

All thats needed is a nice selection of beers and one of those wooden panels your mates can put their arse through and the public can whack balls(footballs) at them !

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
This sounds great, especially on a nice day

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Great idea I have felt the approach to the stadium is little bit sterile. Get some flag sellers and old programmes and badge sellers loved that atmosphere when I first went to football. Well done.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton

The stage will be in place on Saturday. :thumbsup:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here