Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How are you feeling about the new season?

What are your thoughts on the new season?

• I can't wait - it's always exciting.

Votes: 60 27.0%
  • So-so - I'm still in Summer/holiday mode.

Votes: 38 17.1%
  • Apprehensive - the Albion squad is not ready.

Votes: 97 43.7%
  • Dreading it - we're going to struggle.

Votes: 19 8.6%
  • Where's the option for "? ? ? ? ? ? ?"

Votes: 8 3.6%

• Total voters

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Too early to tell. The transfer dealings have hardly been awe inspiring but there is the great unknown that is Sami. Might he be able to perform some sort of footballing alchemy? I'm certainly excited but also trepidatious yet optimistic while nursing a small sliver of doubt. Basically a little bit of everything.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
What are your thoughts on the new season?

Looking forward to match days back in my life and getting on with the season whatever it may bring . Not an enjoyable pre season . Half of me thinks we may do ok the other half remembers our pre season performances / shape and tactics , Mojo 5/10

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Ask me again at the end of August. I genuinely believe we'll all be a lot more positive by then :thumbsup:

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I voted so so. Not so much due to being in holiday mode but quite frankly there has been nothing about the albion to lift spirits so far.

On a very personal level I've had to deal with the loss of my father in the last month. The man who introduced me to the albion and who I was so proud to take to withdean for our first match back in Brighton in 1999

So given all that, football seems just a little irrelevant. And all the digs and game playing going on just seem all very unnecessary.

Im sure in a few months I may feel different. My children will likely have some of their enthusiasm rub off onto me. But for now it's all a bit meh.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Looking forward to it, will be nice to actually talk about football for a change plus, I genuinely believe that regardless of how this season goes, the Albion has a secure future and it's in the right hands.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I have a nagging feeling about whether Sami is up to the job which along with the weakening of the squad makes me think this may be the toughest season we've had for a while. Supporting a relegation threatened team can be just as much of a thrill ride as supporting a table topping one though :smile:

In short I'm not confident.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Genuinely the least excited since the Gillingham years. The defence looks awful, our midfield is full of crocks, and we have no decent strikers. Hope this changes very soon.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I'm somewhere in between "I can't wait" and "So-so".

Signings, schminings, quite happy to see 11 from the current squad get out there and do the business.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I voted so so. Not so much due to being in holiday mode but quite frankly there has been nothing about the albion to lift spirits so far.

On a very personal level I've had to deal with the loss of my father in the last month. The man who introduced me to the albion and who I was so proud to take to withdean for our first match back in Brighton in 1999

So given all that, football seems just a little irrelevant. And all the digs and game playing going on just seem all very unnecessary.

Im sure in a few months I may feel different. My children will likely have some of their enthusiasm rub off onto me. But for now it's all a bit meh.

Sorry to read about your loss.

EddieReader

Aug 15, 2010
Looking forward to it but deep reservations! another player chooses another club over us.........wrong messages coming out.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I voted apprehensive, I've got my season tickets, I've got my new attire from the club shop but the thing I hav'nt got at the moment is enthusiasm and that's purely down to the lack of signings. I wasn't expecting the squad building to be complete by Saturday but I was hoping that by the time we kick off we might have a starting 11 that was at least of a similar quality and strength that we finished last season with but instead it feels like we've taken massive strides backwards. Hopefully things will change soon but at the moment I feel like I'm paying first team prices to watch the reserves.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

Condolences on your loss, it does tend to put football in perspective. My dad introduced me to the Albion and I couldn't fully concentrate on the season when he died (mind you, it was one when we got relegated).

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
A poor appointment in SH, it is now apparent that our 'young' senior team do not feel comfortable in appointing anyone older or more experienced than them. Applications from Warnock, Redknapp types who have years of knowledge of the game seem to be discarded in favour of one season/one team youngsters that they can dictate to
SH, like WWI, will be over by Xmas

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
I'm quietly optimistic without expecting a great month in August. I think at least we'll see a better first home game than last season when not only were we beaten by derby but only half the team looked match fit.

I'm really hoping o'grady gets a couple of goals in August to shut up those that think the ulloa money needs to spent on a higher profile player.

Most of all I can't ruddy wait to get back to the Amex for the Charlton game.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Can't wait. We'll be top ten again, amazing stadium, huge crowds, great times.

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
Not feeling great, a little disillusioned.
We`ve got winnable games in August but I`m afraid that with the lack of depth in the squad we`ll struggle to win many.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here