Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are we happy about the club giving the rest of the league a potential 5 game head start?

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I'm sure many of you are listening to the fans forum and many of you have heard Bloom say we'll be working until the end of August to improve and won't rush regardless of the season, and Sami has admitted we're not ready as a starting squad for August 9th.

Are we happy with that? Obviously nothing can be done by us, just wondering if that's cool by the fans on NSC?

To me, for us to be underequipped for up to 5 games is fine, but we obviously can't be expecting anything more than mid table mediocrity, I hope someone asks them our aspirations for this season.

Also as a sidenote, Naylor has came under an awful lot of abuse for his tweets and stories about the potential 3 signings, which is understandable because it seemed incredibly sure from him. But it also was as sure a thing from NSC's esteemed leader, and he has came under very little in comparison. So why is it that Naylor has been slated for getting bad info, but Bozza has been mostly sympathised with?

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Are we happy about the club giving the rest of the league a potential 5 game ...

The problem is we've got a fairly easy start to the season so with our threadbare squad, I can see us missing out on some crucial points.

Last edited:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Are we going to lose the first few games then, suppose I can save my time on Saturday then

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
isnt he only saying publically what applies to all clubs, that the window is open to the end of the month and thats what they are working to? its rare that clubs are done with all their business before the first game.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm gutted. I can't believe we are going to be relegated in September.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I'm sure many of you are listening to the fans forum and many of you have heard Bloom say we'll be working until the end of August to improve and won't rush regardless of the season, and Sami has admitted we're not ready as a starting squad for August 9th.

Are we happy with that? Obviously nothing can be done by us, just wondering if that's cool by the fans on NSC?

To me, for us to be underequipped for up to 5 games is fine, but we obviously can't be expecting anything more than mid table mediocrity, I hope someone asks them our aspirations for this season.

Also as a sidenote, Naylor has came under an awful lot of abuse for his tweets and stories about the potential 3 signings, which is understandable because it seemed incredibly sure from him. But it also was as sure a thing from NSC's esteemed leader, and he has came under very little in comparison. So why is it that Naylor has been slated for getting bad info, but Bozza has been mostly sympathised with?

Bloody heck, your glass isn't even half full is it?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Bloody heck, your glass isn't even half full is it?

no its not
lets hope we do well for that first 5 games and he/she disappears into the woodwork

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I'm sorry. I know we can't all sit on here all day and night attacking other people, so my post count is low and that makes me a FAKE FAN, but the fact that you lot don't seem to take 15 points that we aren't going to be able to compete for as readily with a depleted squad seriously is madness. We're not READY for the season, SH literally just said that and NSC are attacking me for thinking that's a bad thing, instead of questioning why we aren't ready.

Also why will I crawl away if we do well? I'll be delighted. What a moronic thing to say :lolol:

thisistips

Oct 17, 2010
Away away away
If we get less than 8 in the first five games you can call it a head start. Let's see where we are after five. Less than eight points, we've probably given three away. More than eight, were at par. More than ten were in the mix and where we should be.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I am worried but I am going to see how we play and the result on saturday against a side we should beat. I know first games can sometimes be a bit quirky but it will be a barometer for the next 4 or so games.
Nobody really knows until we have played a competitive game with our first choice team.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I'm sorry. I know we can't all sit on here all day and night attacking other people, so my post count is low and that makes me a FAKE FAN, but the fact that you lot don't seem to take 15 points that we aren't going to be able to compete for as readily with a depleted squad seriously is madness. We're not READY for the season, SH literally just said that and NSC are attacking me for thinking that's a bad thing, instead of questioning why we aren't ready:

Buddy calm down, over half the teams are not ready for the season, and some are in a far worse situation like Blackpool. Go look on other forums fans moaning exactly the same.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
No - I'm not happy with that at all. This league is very, very competitive, and to throw ANY points away through poor preparation is a MASSIVE mistake by our club.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
but the fact that you lot don't seem to take 15 points that we aren't going to be able to compete for as readily with a depleted squad seriously is madness.

You bibble on about 15 points, all you want.
Just be prepared for others, with dry beds, to ponder the other 123 points.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
No I'm not happy. They've had just under 3 months to recruit players or get things in place for recruitment. 2 months since Hyypia joined (not that the this matters as Burke probably has some list he's working from - Andrews, Ward, Obika, Lingard) and they are still pondering. I also find the drivel that comes out about the problems and technicalities of signing players a little insulting. I realise it's not easy but other clubs do ok and don't have 20,000 season ticket holders (Middlesborough signing Clayton a case in point).

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
We took 15 points from our first 39 last season (and 7 from our first 15). We still made the play offs.

Just putting this out there.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
No I'm not happy either. Oh well at least we have a shiny new training complex (with such a splendid rating) so that in 4yrs time in front of 12K ST holders and those that just trundle up to pay on the gate, we MIGHT have a chance of being READY at the start of league one season!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here