Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

David Burke, is the fat lady clearing her throat?

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Apart from Messrs Barber and Bloom I can't recall anyone having a good word to say about him.

How long will TB let this go on?

On the plus side it appears to have united the fan base.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Has the fat lady just given DB a BJ ?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
But Lenny, is his role to identify players and improve the development squad or does he lead on negotiation/'sell the club'..

If the latter then it appears he s not that good at it.

I still feel that from a charisma and 'draw' perspective Poyet couldn't be beaten......

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
53308243.jpg

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
I'm sure he's competent in many aspects but is he capable of successfully selling the club to a prospective player in a competitive process? And should this even be his remit ?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
He is either a terrible at his job, or he hasn't got permission to offer better deals than other clubs we are in competition with. Either way it's a worry, 4 days to the big ko and we got no left back, two senior strikers(who the jury are out on both of them), no cover out wide for injury prone players, and short at centre half.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Well he got the Stockdale, Stevens, Ulloa etc etc deals done so I'd say the benefit of the doubt is with him, backed by the fact that we have made the playoffs the last two seasons.

However, it is frustrating when we sign players anyone could tell you are not good enough (Obika) or that wouldn't fit in (Dobbie, Agustein). Or try and sign players that seem unlikely to sign (Clayton, Baldock).

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
He's not the money man and anyone who thinks that he is, should actually explore that before blaming him at random.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Has he done something that TB did not authorise him to do then?

No, apparently he is completely to blame for every transfer target not being successfully signed. Absolutely nothing to do with money or players preferring another club. (After all we are the biggest attraction to play for in the Championship...............Aren't we?)

Last edited:

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
He is either a terrible at his job, or he hasn't got permission to offer better deals than other clubs we are in competition with. Either way it's a worry, 4 days to the big ko and we got no left back, two senior strikers(who the jury are out on both of them), no cover out wide for injury prone players, and short at centre half.

Just looked at our squad on the official site, 21 players of which 7 are from the DS leaving 14 experienced pro's. From that Stephens is still injured, Crofts and CMS are coming back from serious injury, Toko has had a swollen knee and managed 10 mins against Southampton after missing the previous 3 or 4 friendlies and Agustien who hardly played last season. Not looking good.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Apart from Messrs Barber and Bloom I can't recall anyone having a good word to say about him.

How long will TB let this go on?

On the plus side it appears to have united the fan base.

Speak for yourself - he may have united a few but unless you know for a fact that he is to blame for any non-arrivals then I'm not part of this anti-Burke nonsense.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Just looked at our squad on the official site, 21 players of which 7 are from the DS leaving 14 experienced pro's. From that Stephens is still injured, Crofts and CMS are coming back from serious injury, Toko has had a swollen knee and managed 10 mins against Southampton after missing the previous 3 or 4 friendlies and Agustien who hardly played last season. Not looking good.

Things can change quckly and maybe they will. But as things stand as of this moment, we are relegation fodder. No left back and no main striker, an ageing defence and injury prone players. I don't see how anyone can argue with that....At this rate Hyypia will be gone by Christmas, as he clearly can not be a happy bunny......oh and not forgetting, we haven't even got an asst manager!!!!!!!

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Not got a problem with the bloke can only work within his remit and helped achieve level 1 academy. Can't see him going anywhere soon

Dan The Man

Sep 27, 2011
Mile Oak
i hope these questions gets asked tonight - where are the players we are bringing in through Hypias connections? Or did that even happen under Garcia? How much influence does the manager have in bringing in who he wants? Of course he helps bring them through the door once they have been identified by the club but my point is that i got all excited when we recruit a manager like Hypia, played at highest level in Prem League so much have loads of connections, but we dont seem to be able to exploit that....

scoobiewhite

Jan 29, 2012
Albourne / Brighton
I believe his remit is set out here....

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/16985004

Based on the targets set he's doing ok.

Academy status beyond expectations.

Young players coming through to first team squad

Some really good signings such as ulloa and orlandi (1st season or upson.

Couple of bad windows does not make him an idiot.

Not his fault if clayton wants to stay up north.

Always room for improvement

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
i hope these questions gets asked tonight - where are the players we are bringing in through Hypias connections? Or did that even happen under Garcia? How much influence does the manager have in bringing in who he wants? Of course he helps bring them through the door once they have been identified by the club but my point is that i got all excited when we recruit a manager like Hypia, played at highest level in Prem League so much have loads of connections, but we dont seem to be able to exploit that....

I've never set any store by "connections" it rarely bears fruit, not just for us, for anybody.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The buck stops with Bloom not Burke, it's going to be about money not how the club is sold to players. Not sure why Burke would get the blame that players choose other clubs.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Things can change quckly and maybe they will. But as things stand as of this moment, we are relegation fodder. No left back and no main striker, an ageing defence and injury prone players. I don't see how anyone can argue with that....At this rate Hyypia will be gone by Christmas, as he clearly can not be a happy bunny......oh and not forgetting, we haven't even got an asst manager!!!!!!!

So apart from that you are positive about our prospects :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here