Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Royal London One-Day Cup, Group B: Sussex v Durham at Hove, Aug 5, 2014

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Sussex Team
LJ Wright, CD Nash, EC Joyce*, Craig Cachopa, MW Machan, BC Brown†, SA Piolet, WAT Beer, Yasir Arafat, CJ Liddle, LJ Hatchett

Durham Team
MD Stoneman*, P Mustard†, CS MacLeod, SG Borthwick, PD Collingwood, GJ Muchall, JW Hastings, GR Breese, KK Jennings, G Onions, C Rushworth

Durham won the toss and elected to bat

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Brilliant scheduling making these games impossible to see in their entirety, I believe I am correct in assuming Sussex now have no weekend cricket at Hove for the rest of the season. Our final weekend cricket the 27th July RLODC at Horsham. Utterly ridiculous. What a way to treat what should be a fine competition.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Brilliant scheduling making these games impossible to see in their entirety, I believe I am correct in assuming Sussex now have no weekend cricket at Hove for the rest of the season. Our final weekend cricket the 27th July RLODC at Horsham. Utterly ridiculous. What a way to treat what should be a fine competition.

Weekends at the cricket have been chuffed by the spectator friendly scheduling this season
We had one 20/20 on a Sunday (in Arundel) and one 50 over on a sunday (in Horsham).
Added to that we had 5 Sundays of play at Hove all but two before June.

I haven't been to a game this year, and i'm only going to the Lancs county game as i have a load of annual leave to use and free tickets.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
203-3 38 overs... Borthwick 60, Collingwood 28

Sussex need to peg Durham back soon, or will be 'chasing' well over 300 :nono:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Cracking last two overs from Yasir... 3 wickets for just 10 runs...

287-8 (50 overs)

288 is a pretty STIFF target for Sussex but not as bad as it might have been.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Cracking last two overs from Yasir... 3 wickets for just 10 runs...

287-8 (50 overs)

288 is a pretty STIFF target for Sussex but not as bad as it might have been.

I wouldn't back us to get any score over 250 at the moment.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Leesy having problems with his dentures tonight, loving the way he keeps talking over Lizzie.....Sssx require 32 runs from 29 balls with 3 wickets remaining.

Jul 7, 2003
What are Beer and Arafat playing at? Giving the fans false hope of a result when they could have been back home by now.

Jul 7, 2003
Six needed from the last two overs - with only three wickets left. Not a hope of victory.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
We need six runs off twelve balls with three wickets left.

If it wasn't Sussex you'd be confident of a win.

Jul 7, 2003
Great over by Hastings - No ball, wide, single from the free hit (caught), no ball....

Sign him up!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
were win!!!!!

YYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

:goal:

Well batted lads :clap2:

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Farcical scenes at the County Ground, I reckon Inspector Knacker will be on his way to have a word about that death bowling.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here