Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Andy Naylor knows jeff all

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Baldock nowhere near after a derisory bid a few weeks ago we have made no further offers.

Clayton after a bid of 1.5m a few weeks ago we have made no further offers.

So don't slag the Club off for not getting the above as it seems to have been rumours pulled out of nowhere.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Who is this Jeff All chap? Couple of Hudds posters saying that we increased our bid yesterday and have met their valuation. Is that not the case then?

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
If after Saturday this turns out to be a load of bollocks, then Nalor can kiss goodbye to any respect he may have had from our supporters.

He put his balls on the line with that headline and now has to endure the consequences of building everyone's hopes up.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
If after Saturday this turns out to be a load of bollocks, then Nalor can kiss goodbye to any respect he may have had from our supporters.

He put his balls on the line with that headline and now has to endure the consequences of building everyone's hopes up.

A man speaking from experience too #Conway #Grabban.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1

Can you not READ?

He said 'could' be signed by Saturday.

He also said 'expected'.

I expect MANY things that don't happen.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I heard the story that Naylor published, involving all three parties, from an impeccable source about a week before it was in the Argus, so he is not BS'ing.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Naylor wrong, but you take what the Bristol rag wrote as gospel

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
I heard the story that Naylor published, involving all three parties, from an impeccable source about a week before it was in the Argus, so he is not BS'ing.

Care to elaborate El Pres?....

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
A man speaking from experience too #Conway #Grabban.

Slightly different my friend.....

I didn't go to press in the local paper making such bold statements in the knowledge of the implications it would have with our fanbase.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
And to be fair to Naylor..... It's only Tuesday.

I'll reserve my judgement until the 31st August and see how many of the 3 are playing for us then.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Slightly different my friend.....

I didn't go to press in the local paper making such bold statements in the knowledge of the implications it would have with our fanbase.

I wasn't having a dig, just saying how you told us (in good faith) that both players were going to sign and got your fingers burnt. Obviously this is a big call for Naylor being the sports journo, especially as it seems his relationship with the Albion is already strained.

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
I'm not entirely sure anybody has been paying any attention Naylor anyway, seems the club have severed communication with him anyway.

This is a perceptive post.

Makes you wonder if the club has decided its relationship with the Argus is no longer symbiotic. Seems to be unprecedented stream of 'possibles, probables and maybes' from Naylor over the past few weeks. While reporters are never privy to all the meaty developments from within the boardroom, they should get some decent, authentic tit-bits - enough to keep the punters hanging for more. It's bit of a sad state of affairs when the main journo from the local newspaper is relying on an ear-bent to the various gossip boards. I hope, like Mr Bloom, he's about to reveal his royal flush (no play-off puns please) after three months of bluffs and counter-bluffs.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Naylor wrong, but you take what the Bristol rag wrote as gospel

I'd trust the local journo over Naylor.

Just to make it clear I am not bedwetting but I think inevitably this is going to lead to some criticism of the Club when they have again likely been acting in the proper way but people with 'sources' have been getting over excited.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
"Expected to sign" is not the same as "will" so even if all three players don't come through by Saturday it doesn't make the story wrong.
Things change in transfer negotiations.

However if this story is as you put in "rumours pulled out of nowhere" then a) why are there other reputable sources on here reporting it.
and a further journalist; Ian Abrahams from Talk Sport, likewise reporting this morning the very same...and confirming that he has "independent sources"
when challenged that he's just re-reporting the Argus story.

[tweet]496526958713643009[/tweet]
[tweet]496505674432778241[/tweet]

Of course there is interest from other clubs of course there will be conflicting quotes from managers and even players before deals are done.
This is a competitive market and all 3 players are highly respected and presumably wanted and its not 100% but.. that doesn't mean the story or the several people now that have talked about these targets independently of each other as guilty of talking "a load of bollocks"...

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Even if we take as gospel.the idea that no further offers have been submitted it doesn't mean there's been no further discussion between the clubs in question as to what fees would be required and how agreement could be reached prior to a follow up bid

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here