Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crawley Down

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
It would appear I am about to move from H Heath to Crawley Down.

Not my preferred location by any means but the house is fantastic. My mind has instantly turned to how my trips to Falmer will be affected and what means (car during the week, Saturday kick offs require public transport) I can get to and from the ground.

On early investigation I think 3 bridges is the train station nearest to me. I am going investigate buses as well. Weighing up cost and convenience between paying for the bus or a ticket to H Heath on the train where my ST will resume.

Anyone any experience of C Down etc and any tips?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Less than a fiver from Three Bridges to Haywards Heath return on a Saturday, sounds reasonable to me.

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
Less than a fiver from Three Bridges to Haywards Heath return on a Saturday, sounds reasonable to me.

Yep that sounds alright that. And as it's quicker than a bus there's less chance if me falling asleep on the way back and ending up in London Bridge (100% that will happen by end of September anyway)

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
Nice area - have a few friends who live in the village - only problem seems to be aircraft noise

Planes overhead are actually a blessing in disguise for me. One if my boys who's nearly 2 already stands in the garden shouting 'PLANE!!! PLANE!!!' and pointing at them as they go over. Endless fun for him, countless coffees and paper reading for me.

Win. Win.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Planes overhead are actually a blessing in disguise for me. One if my boys who's nearly 2 already stands in the garden shouting 'PLANE!!! PLANE!!!' and pointing at them as they go over. Endless fun for him, countless coffees and paper reading for me.

Win. Win.

He'll certainly get a better view of them in Crawley Down than he can in Haywards Heath!

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Free parking 1 minute from 3 Bridges station

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Down already? But the season hasn't even started yet?!

mac04

Nov 15, 2011
RH12
The Worth Way cycle route goes through Crawley Down to Three Bridges Stations if you are feeling fit.

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
The Worth Way cycle route goes through Crawley Down to Three Bridges Stations if you are feeling fit.

How far away is it? 10 min walk? 15?

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
So potentially 30/40 mins on the way there and 3/4 hours on the way back depending on beer consumption. I may have to enlist a third party lift home

Codner pharmaceuticals

Jun 17, 2009
Border Country
1) Crawley Down has a good Italian
2) Worth Way cycleable to Three bridges and then only around a fiver to H Heath
3) It is true border country round here with a real mix of Chelsea, Albion and Croydon FC fans
4) I frequently drive from EG so if you are stuck let me know via PM and we can arrange a car share

The end.

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
1) Crawley Down has a good Italian
2) Worth Way cycleable to Three bridges and then only around a fiver to H Heath
3) It is true border country round here with a real mix of Chelsea, Albion and Croydon FC fans
4) I frequently drive from EG so if you are stuck let me know via PM and we can arrange a car share

The end.

1) Excellent news. I'll be in there the first week for certain.

2) This sounds like the way forward. Sure The War Office can give me a lift there before she does her girly things during the day.

3) so potentially a third of the residents are excellent people and the others I can avoid.

4) brilliant thanks for info. I may well take you up in that mate

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Where's that Spencer ?

By those little parade of shops where the kebab shop is. Free parking all weekend and midweek after 5.30pm/6pm( can't remember exact time) I often park there for night games.

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
Theres a reasonable bus service from Crawley Down to Three Bridges station too.

There's a lovely butchers in Crawley Down too.

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
Theres a reasonable bus service from Crawley Down to Three Bridges station too.

There's a lovely butchers in Crawley Down too.

This bus idea might be taking off. Certainly I still indeed to meet some mates in H Heath for a beer before we set off so potentially if there's a bus from C Down to H Heath I'll use that and then come back to 3 bridges after the game.

Had some sausages from the butchers last night, doing our research and yes, they were bloody excellent!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here