Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dieppe border patrol

• Thread starter Deleted member 22389
  • Start date

D

Deleted member 22389

Parked up by the side of the Ferry terminal yesterday in Dieppe trying to kill some time before getting on the Ferry. Another British car parked next to me was approached by two men.
Overheard the conversation, it appears they where two Albanians asking the driver lots of questions about the UK. Lorry from Czech Republic parked up with driver asleep in the cab a bit further down the road from me, so it was obvious what they where eventually heading for.

Decided to clear off before they moved on to me. Drove back up the hill and noticed another small group of people hanging about. Seems like Dieppe is slowly starting to inherit the problems Calais has, so be warned don't park near the terminal. Makes sense as the entrance to the Ferry at Dieppe has now been beefed up with security.

French must be getting sick of this crap. About time we stopped making the UK such an attractive place to come, i.e benefits, we really don't help ourselfes.

Last edited by a moderator:

D

Deleted member 22389

It's to late to not make the uk an attractive place, the damage is all ready there and I can only see it getting worse in years to come.

Don't think anymore countries should join the EU until the wages of these poorer countries start reaching an acceptable level so people don't leave.
When there is such a difference in what people can earn, including the benefits on offer people can get here, and when we are so useless at getting rid of people who shouldn't be here in the first place, they are going to try their luck. Your right it's not going to get any better.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Don't think anymore countries should join the EU until the wages of these poorer countries start reaching an acceptable level so people don't leave.
When there is such a difference in what people can earn, including the benefits on offer people can get here, and when we are so useless at getting rid of people who shouldn't be here in the first place, they are going to try their luck. Your right it's not going to get any better.

Don't flatter yourself. The UK isn't a special country. Immigration happens elsewhere as well.

D

Deleted member 22389

Don't flatter yourself. The UK isn't a special country. Immigration happens elsewhere as well.

Most immigration to the EU for example Spain, Italy and other countries is illegal. And I'm right, until the wages across the whole EU and other countries around the world become more equal there would be no reason for people to travel. Flattering myself? I'm telling the truth.

GIven half the chance most people would come to the UK and it's why we still have 200,000 + people coming here every year. Legal and illegal, It could be more, but I don't expect any of the people who run this country to give us the real numbers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Ha. Brilliant. Sitting in your car getting on to the ferry, sounds like quite a nice thing to do but you decide to spend the time working yourself up about immigration. Is there a moment of the day you give it a rest?

D

Deleted member 22389

Ha. Brilliant. Sitting in your car getting on to the ferry, sounds like quite a nice thing to do but you decide to spend the time working yourself up about immigration. Is there a moment of the day you give it a rest?

Actually I was OK until I saw that. I had a good holiday, but that was just a reminder of the uphill struggle immigration is both legal and illegal.

sherrinned

Aug 12, 2003
West Worthing
The problem with these people it is that they are trying to get to the UK in order to claim political asylum. This is illegal as because to make a legitimate claim, it should be made in the first "safe" country they arrive in.

By choosing to claim in the UK they must have travelled through at least one other safe country prior to arriving in France.

D

Deleted member 22389

I don't understand why the moral of that story is to not park at the terminal.

Well for me it is strange to see this moving to places like Dieppe now, I thought it was only happening in Calais. It proves to me that the situation is not getting any better.
I also don't want people to get hassled like that other driver did.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Well for me it is strange to see this moving to places like Dieppe now, I thought it was only happening in Calais. It proves to me that the situation is not getting any better.

Maybe you should get together with TomandJerry, he could have his ebola outbreak and it would solve all this overcrowding that you are so worried about. Everyone's a winner

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Seems pretty logical that if you were trying to get into UK illegally, you'd go to one of the less obvious ferry ports where security might be less tight.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Oh yeah making wages similar across the whole EU or even the world................... that won't f up 95% of the economy :moo:

But yes at least everyone would be on the doll together

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I also don't want people to get hassled like that other driver did.

With all due respect, you couldn't care less about that driver, could you?

I realise what point you're trying to make with this story ("foreigners try to get to the UK on lorries" revelation) but let's not dress it up as concern for other drivers' welfare eh?

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
By choosing to claim in the UK they must have travelled through at least one other safe country prior to arriving in France.
.... or, as in most cases, half a dozen countries..... obviously none of them felt safe from ethnic, religious or political persecution whilst they were crossing Italy, France, Belgium, Holland, Germany, Spain or Portugal, those well known hotbeds of restricted personal freedoms.

MarioOrlandi

Jun 4, 2013
Claiming Political Asylum in this Country comes with our amazing benefits and housing etc and after 5 years one of our passports and the world is their oyster unlike in France

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Parked up by the side of the Ferry terminal yesterday in Dieppe trying to kill some time before getting on the Ferry. Another British car parked next to me was approached by two men.
Overheard the conversation, it appears they where two Albanians asking the driver lots of questions about the UK. Lorry from Czech Republic parked up with driver asleep in the cab a bit further down the road from me, so it was obvious what they where eventually heading for.

Decided to clear off before they moved on to me. Drove back up the hill and noticed another small group of people hanging about. Seems like Dieppe is slowly starting to inherit the problems Calais has, so be warned don't park near the terminal. Makes sense as the entrance to the Ferry at Dieppe has now been beefed up with security.

French must be getting sick of this crap. About time we stopped making the UK such an attractive place to come, i.e benefits, we really don't help ourselfes.

I would assume the conversation was in English? Maybe that says as much about why they want to come here?

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Claiming Political Asylum in this Country comes with our amazing benefits and housing etc and after 5 years one of our passports and the world is their oyster unlike in France

As someone with extensive and first-hand experience of immigration law in the UK, the process for obtaining full benefits and a passport (different to permanent leave to remain) is constantly evolving and becoming more difficult to achieve, even for legal immigrants.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here