Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Direct debit season ticket

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Just checked my account and two payments have gone out and put me overdrawn. Anyone had this error?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Nope, but my back account has gone down. Reality hitting home. That's 20,000 x £81.25 = £1,625,00. Not sure how many pay by DD? Or 3 matches @ £27 each for August. Sheff Wed, and Bolton not the most exciting, Charlton could be better!

Season starts in earnest now. First season ticket ever.

Paying individually at £42, I could only afford two out of the three games.

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
Just checked my account and two payments have gone out and put me overdrawn. Anyone had this error?

Yes! Exactly the same thing with me. Which is bizarre seeing as last month they didn't take anything at all (I paid manually in the end over the phone, system error) and now this month they take it twice

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
Just to clarify this, I spoke to Supporter Services and they are aware that it happened to approx. 60 people. They have 'made contact' with some but hadn't got to me yet (DD dates 4th Aug so unsure how long it takes them to dial 60 numbers....) have been told that once verified (and a screen shoot of my out goings will undoubtably help them) I will be refunded. Although they are unable to give a time frame as with the new season starting on Saturday they will be quite busy.
Wonderful service

bha100

Aug 25, 2011
Just to clarify this, I spoke to Supporter Services and they are aware that it happened to approx. 60 people. They have 'made contact' with some but hadn't got to me yet (DD dates 4th Aug so unsure how long it takes them to dial 60 numbers....) have been told that once verified (and a screen shoot of my out goings will undoubtably help them) I will be refunded. Although they are unable to give a time frame as with the new season starting on Saturday they will be quite busy.
Wonderful service

Go to your bank, under the Direct Debit Guarantee you would get your money back immediately

Direct Debit Guarantee

Your rights

Organisations using the Direct Debit Scheme go through a careful vetting process before they're authorised, and are closely monitored by the banking industry. The efficiency and security of Direct Debit is monitored and protected by your own bank or building society.

The Direct Debit Guarantee applies to all Direct Debits. It protects you in the rare event that there is an error in the payment of your Direct Debit.

Direct Debit Guarantee

The Guarantee is offered by all banks and building societies that accept instructions to pay Direct Debits
If there are any changes to the amount, date or frequency of your Direct Debit the organisation will notify you (normally 10 working days) in advance of your account being debited or as otherwise agreed. If you request the organisation to collect a payment, confirmation of the amount and date will be given to you at the time of the request
If an error is made in the payment of your Direct Debit, by the organisation or your bank or building society, you are entitled to a full and immediate refund of the amount paid from your bank or building society
If you receive a refund you are not entitled to, you must pay it back when the organisation asks you to
You can cancel a Direct Debit at any time by simply contacting your bank or building society. Written confirmation may be required. Please also notify the organisation.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Wonderful service
I went straight to my bank and they reversed one of the transactions straight away. Also we are protected under the "Direct Debit Guarantee" and in my case no charges for going overdrawn.
The club wanted a print out of my statement which i will provide on Saturday. Lets hope it doesn't happen again next month eh?
By the way they haven't contacted me either yet.

Last edited:

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
Oh!! Interesting!!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Nope, but my back account has gone down. Reality hitting home. That's 20,000 x £81.25 = £1,625,00. Not sure how many pay by DD? Or 3 matches @ £27 each for August. Sheff Wed, and Bolton not the most exciting, Charlton could be better!

I have the foggiest idea what you have posted

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I think he's implying the club have snaffled an extra £1.6m off us this month.

Still, all helps with FFP.

Ah, although as it turns out it just 60 and his £81.25 is well over the average it would guess, I pay almost £50 less than that

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Hope HSBC sort out their salary payment bug by Tuesday, or else mine is bouncing :cry:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here