I feel bad for not feeling confident!

0 Not allowed!
    For the first time in 13 years as a STH I don't feel great about the season ahead. For the first 3 seasons at the Amex anything like promotion was a bonus, but now I think the expectancy level outweighs the the ability level on the pitch, and yes, the purchasing power / ability to purchase does not match the expectations of many.

i would love to be wrong....

is is it just me?

• North Stand Chat

advertising

1 Not allowed!
      buckle up pussy we are in for a ride, a mother f*@**** promotion ride.

0 Not allowed!
      I don't feel confident we'll get promotion but then that's not my expectation for this season, that may change once a few more players come in though.

0 Not allowed!
      I feel a whole lot more confident than Leicester City fans on there forum, who have it seems discovered they may have paid a little over the odds for Leo. It appears he's not shaping up very well at present, the hope is that perhaps he's not match fit yet because he's not very quick I imagine...

0 Not allowed!
      http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/topic/96354-ulloa/

Ha Ha. It's just like NSC.

If it helps, I'm happy to go along with Steve Guppy's (post 37) proposal.
      "WINNERS FIND ANSWERS. PROMOTION CANDIDATES FIND THEIR SOLUTIONS. BRIGHTON HAVE FOUND THE ANSWER TONIGHT" Sky Sports commentator after Glen Murray scored 94th minute at Birmingham. 17.12.2016

0 Not allowed!
      Ran his socks off for us last season? Mmmm
      Seeing kids in the school or in the parks with Albion shirts instead of the big clubs and easy ones, that’s it. We have done it.

Inigo Calderon
      May 2016

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by 16bha View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      For the first time in 13 years as a STH I don't feel great about the season ahead. For the first 3 seasons at the Amex anything like promotion was a bonus, but now I think the expectancy level outweighs the the ability level on the pitch, and yes, the purchasing power / ability to purchase does not match the expectations of many.

i would love to be wrong....

is is it just me?
      No, not just you; I feel exactly the same way. I also started the last three seasons expecting us to challenge for a play-off place, but having sold Liam B., Ashley B. and Leo since January, and not knowing how well the recent signings are going to perform or gel, I've been rather underwhelmed this summer - a feeling not helped by the reports of our lacklustre friendlies (yes, I know that many on here say they don't matter, that they are just glorified training sessions and try outs.....).

If we do sign Baldock, Clayton and Ward, then who knows, but right now, I feel our squad is weaker than it was last season, and that this will be a 'treading water' or rebuilding season, and as such, a mid-table finish is as much as I dare hope for.

Obviously, I'd love to be proved wrong next May!
      Did you play in the Garden of Eden? Were the goalkeeper's gloves to you tossed?
      Cos it seems to me you're the reason, you're the reason why Paradise Lost.
      Members
      Exiled in former Sussex town of Tunbridge Wells

0 Not allowed!
      Would love to be in with a shout at the play offs next May. Won't be unhappy with mid table, and fully expect us to be there. Hoping we'll see more attacking intent. Not in the least bit worried about relegation. Looking forward to meeting my mates for a beer next Saturday. Can't wait for the season to start.