Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I feel bad for not feeling confident!

16bha

Sep 6, 2010
East Stand Upper & Worthing
For the first time in 13 years as a STH I don't feel great about the season ahead. For the first 3 seasons at the Amex anything like promotion was a bonus, but now I think the expectancy level outweighs the the ability level on the pitch, and yes, the purchasing power / ability to purchase does not match the expectations of many.

i would love to be wrong....

is is it just me?

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
I don't feel confident we'll get promotion but then that's not my expectation for this season, that may change once a few more players come in though.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
I feel a whole lot more confident than Leicester City fans on there forum, who have it seems discovered they may have paid a little over the odds for Leo. It appears he's not shaping up very well at present, the hope is that perhaps he's not match fit yet because he's not very quick I imagine... :whistle:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Ran his socks off for us last season? Mmmm

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
For the first time in 13 years as a STH I don't feel great about the season ahead. For the first 3 seasons at the Amex anything like promotion was a bonus, but now I think the expectancy level outweighs the the ability level on the pitch, and yes, the purchasing power / ability to purchase does not match the expectations of many.

i would love to be wrong....

is is it just me?

No, not just you; I feel exactly the same way. I also started the last three seasons expecting us to challenge for a play-off place, but having sold Liam B., Ashley B. and Leo since January, and not knowing how well the recent signings are going to perform or gel, I've been rather underwhelmed this summer - a feeling not helped by the reports of our lacklustre friendlies (yes, I know that many on here say they don't matter, that they are just glorified training sessions and try outs.....).

If we do sign Baldock, Clayton and Ward, then who knows, but right now, I feel our squad is weaker than it was last season, and that this will be a 'treading water' or rebuilding season, and as such, a mid-table finish is as much as I dare hope for.

Obviously, I'd love to be proved wrong next May!

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Would love to be in with a shout at the play offs next May. Won't be unhappy with mid table, and fully expect us to be there. Hoping we'll see more attacking intent. Not in the least bit worried about relegation. Looking forward to meeting my mates for a beer next Saturday. Can't wait for the season to start.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here