Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

IQ test

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Anyone done one recently? I just did one and it told me I was high average and in the same bracket as about 25% of the population. Does anyone know what that means? I'm too stupid or average to know.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
mensa tests only highlight people who are good at mensa tests.
why do you care? i think you're special

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
It sounds like they are using a pretty large bracket, which is pretty meaningless.
Did they tell you your IQ score though?

105. I did get a bit bored towards the end though because it seemed reminiscent to the test they gave me to get into that prison Christ's Hospital when I was 11.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

that means you're a shade above average, which is 100.

IQ test are measures of how good you are at IQ tests, or rather psychometric tests which it probably was. they are not that usful for showing real intelligence, though they do form a base against which long term trends can be fairly reliably measured, once lots of wieghting is accounted for.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I just did this one - without spending more than a few second on each question - guessing where it wasn't obvious... and it said:

l147.gif

:laugh:

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
My mum and I did the Mensa test many years ago and we were both eligible to join. She did, I didn't. As part of her membership she used to get a monthly magazine and I have never seen so many pretentious tossers as on the letters page (eg "dear sir, your incorrect use of the germanic umlaut in the past participle third person indicative of the verb fondenklinkerhausen is unforgivable").
I did the test without doing others first (this was long before the internet was widespread) but if you know the format, it's quite easy to practice and get a higher score.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
IQ always seems an odd thing for people to use as a benchmark for how smart they are. I've done a few tests over the years (not Mensa, I lack the requisite pretentious gene) and I've always been happy with the results, but I would never consider myself to be a particularly smart guy. Similarly, I've known people score lower than I did, get disheartened, yet clearly be a sharper thinker than I've ever been.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
IQ stands for 'Intelligence Quotient' - although I'm not sure what that means. I once did the Mensa test and briefly joined the organisation, but like a previous poster, I found the monthly magazine such a load of twaddle that it really wasn't worth paying the subscription.
I'm not quite sure what IQ proves, either - according to Mensa, I have a higher IQ than both Sir Clive Sinclair and much higher than the late unlamented Jimmy Saville (both at some time prominent members), but I haven't had nearly as lucrative or successful life as they have / had (though I must at this stage point out that there are some of Saville's ''successes'' that I wouldn't want any part of)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here