Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our starting 11 ten years ago in the championship...

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
In the opening defeat versus Reading who had 4 ex players in their 11, nathan jones also came on for us.

Kuipers
Virgo
Cullip
Butters
Harding
Nicolas
Oatway
Reid
Currie
Jarrett
Molango

Things have changed a little bit, maybe only Cullip / Currie could find a place in our current team.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Remember it like it was yesterday, boiling hot day and Molango scored in the first 30 seconds. In fact it was so hot I ditched my boxer shorts in a travel lodge toilet near to the ground and attended commando. Memories...

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Remember it like it was yesterday, boiling hot day and Molango scored in the first 30 seconds. In fact it was so hot I ditched my boxer shorts in a travel lodge toilet near to the ground and attended commando. Memories...

I was finishing my beer in the concourse when he scored, it was on the tv screens.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
In the opening defeat versus Reading who had 4 ex players in their 11, nathan jones also came on for us.

Kuipers
Virgo
Cullip
Butters
Harding
Nicolas
Oatway
Reid
Currie
Jarrett
Molango

Things have changed a little bit, maybe only Cullip / Currie could find a place in our current team.

Cullip yes, Currie no, loads of ability but top speed was only slightly faster than most players jog. Kuipers of the day would be better backup than Ankergren, Harding would probably edge Chicksen out at left back and a younger Butters than on that day would be in, but otherwise, I think none of those would make the squad, let alone be first choice to start today.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
28, yes and no he wasn't. He did well up front granted and got himself a move to Celtic.

He got a move to Celtic as a defender not a striker. McGhee told Strachan JUST how good he was as a DEFENDER. And they paid 1.5m. McGhee also said before asking him to go up front that Virgo could be a future albion legend as a centre back. It really annoys me when people slag him off as a defender. He sacrificed himself in that position for us and he was excellent before he did. Those who know recognise it. Ask Mark McGhee or anyone associated with Brighton at the time before coming on here and saying "he wasn't very good at all as a defender."

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
He got a move to Celtic as a defender not a striker. McGhee told Strachan JUST how good he was as a DEFENDER. And they paid 1.5m. McGhee also said before asking him to go up front that Virgo could be a future albion legend as a centre back. It really annoys me when people slag him off as a defender. He sacrificed himself in that position for us and he was excellent before he did. Those who know recognise it. Ask Mark McGhee or anyone associated with Brighton at the time before coming on here and saying "he wasn't very good at all as a defender."

Well I was associated with Brighton then as a ST holder and my opinion is he wasn't very good. I don't know Mark McGhee on a personal level but if you pass me his details I will ask his opinion before any future posts.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Well I was associated with Brighton then as a ST holder and my opinion is he wasn't very good. I don't know Mark McGhee on a personal level but if you pass me his details I will ask his opinion before any future posts.

Stop being a bellend. Virgs was a great defender for a struggling team without a pot to piss in. You don't earn a million pound plus move to a regular champions league contending club by being 'not very good'

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009

I only suggested asking him because all your years as a season ticket holder clearly shows you weren't listening. He made it clear then. I got it watching them and I didn't need a season ticket for that.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
In my opinion Adam Virgo was a very good defender and did an excellent job for us up front when asked. Would he get into the current squad. Yes.

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
I only suggested asking him because all your years as a season ticket holder clearly shows you weren't listening. He made it clear then. I got it watching them and I didn't need a season ticket for that.

Weren't listening? It's my opinion on one player. I didn't think he was very good as was the same for the majority of the squad. We were a decent league 1 side who stole 2 years in the championship largely down to the hard work of the side.

Granted he's had injury problems but he left Celtic to play for the worst brighton team of the last 15 years Colchester. Yeovil. Bristol rovers amongst others.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here