Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Railway Bell - latest status re match day drinking?

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Can anyone tell me what the latest position is regarding pre-match drinks? I had heard it was all changed for the worse, is that still likely to be the case next week?

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
How could the Railway Bell change for the worse? Don't understand why anybody goes in there, much better options with-in walking distance.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Landlord basically doesn't want it to be a 'football pub'

Most of us use the 'Royal Standard' now. Not the biggest of places, but make you feel welcome.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Met a mate in there before the friendly against Southampton. Bouncers on door, asked if we were Brighton fans, showed our tickets and let in. They were not allowing Southampton fans in.
Rubbish boozer though, mates choice I would have gone to the Evening Star.

Garfunkaal

Sep 25, 2013
Co. Wicklow
Would this be the Singing fans bar? want to know for our trip over for the charlton game, me and my mates love a good sing song when it comes to footy :)

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Would this be the Singing fans bar? want to know for our trip over for the charlton game, me and my mates love a good sing song when it comes to footy :)

Yeah sort of.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Met a mate in there before the friendly against Southampton. Bouncers on door, asked if we were Brighton fans, showed our tickets and let in. They were not allowing Southampton fans in.
Rubbish boozer though, mates choice I would have gone to the Evening Star.

You use the Evening Star, the filthiest pub in existence and yet condemn the Bell. Not my choice but certainly far better and cleaner with no smell of neat disinfectant lingering than the Evening Star.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
You use the Evening Star, the filthiest pub in existence and yet condemn the Bell. Not my choice but certainly far better and cleaner with no smell of neat disinfectant lingering than the Evening Star.

Never smelt that in the ES, just the hops!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Never smelt that in the ES, just the hops!
You must be lucky on the few occassions I have tried it the smell of disinfectant was overwhelming so much so my wife once said to me why dont they just clean the gents loo much easier and cheaper than throwing disinfectant around. In fairness it may have changed in the last 12 months.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton

The Evening Star is probably the second most overrated pub in Brighton, can't stand the place.
To be fair you quite often get pubs stinking of disinfectant these days if you are in early doors.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
The Evening Star is probably the second most overrated pub in Brighton, can't stand the place.
To be fair you quite often get pubs stinking of disinfectant these days if you are in early doors.

Whats the most? ???

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
You want to get out of Haywards Heath more if you think the Evening Star is the filthiest pub in existance:p

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here