Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Place near the ground to drink?

Jellybean

Sep 6, 2012
Is there anywhere near the ground that A few other Wednesday fans and I can have a pre match drink with a few mates of mine who support Brighton. Going to drive to the park and ride then get dumped off at the ground, please don't mention anything to do with the train its a total nightmare!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Trains aren't a nightmare at all. If you're not wearing colours then try the Swan.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Trains aren't a nightmare at all. If you're not wearing colours then try the Swan.

They check your season/match ticket at the Swan I believe

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

The doormen ask to see your season ticket card. They did to me on a couple occasions.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Trains are not a problem.... Just do the sensible thing and get on a train to Falmer before 215.

You will walk onto a train no problem. The problem arises when you leave it until after 230 to try and catch one.

Jellybean

Sep 6, 2012
Train after the game was chaos, either you have got used to it, or you like to be somewhere between a sheep and a sardine.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Much as i enjoy being between a sheep and a sardine :blush:, i find that whether using train or P&R buses, it always makes sense to stay 30-40 mins after the final whistle and have a beer or two. Then walk out to no queues.

Before the game you'll either need to use the concourse bars or stay in town

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Is there anywhere near the ground that A few other Wednesday fans and I can have a pre match drink with a few mates of mine who support Brighton. Going to drive to the park and ride then get dumped off at the ground, please don't mention anything to do with the train its a total nightmare!

Park up in Lewes and use one of the many pubs in the town there. You get travel included in your match ticket. Either the station car park or the college car park on the south side of the station. The trains whilst they can be a pain, especially for midweek games, really aren't that bad imo. No worse than any other train network that deals with crowds of similar sizes at other stadiums. You will find getting from and returning to Lewes easier than using park and ride imo. Especially if you want to go for a drink pre match. using park and ride will mean a load of faffing about to get into Brighton.

Jellybean

Sep 6, 2012
Did that the year we lost 3-0, it was better than getting on the train after the match, but the bus dragged us to the racecourse afterwards as the other park and ride (by the tunnel) had been full, which again was shambolic, there weren't any signs on the A27 saying it couldn't cope with more cars. I have never been to a ground that is so difficult to get to and from, I much preferred going to games at with dean with 5/6K fans, it seemed so much less plastic and you could virtually drive up to the ground. I might try Lewes this year as suggested, it just seems crazy going to another town just for a drink.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Did that the year we lost 3-0, it was better than getting on the train after the match, but the bus dragged us to the racecourse afterwards as the other park and ride (by the tunnel) had been full, which again was shambolic, there weren't any signs on the A27 saying it couldn't cope with more cars. I have never been to a ground that is so difficult to get to and from, I much preferred going to games at with dean with 5/6K fans, it seemed so much less plastic and you could virtually drive up to the ground. I might try Lewes this year as suggested, it just seems crazy going to another town just for a drink.

here's a tip...dont bother going then!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
If you do end up using the racecourse P&R to get to the game, leave plenty of time. It's really close by from where I live, but I've given up using it now because it takes so bloody long to get there. Nothing wrong with the service itself, it's just the sheer volume of traffic it has to get through. The day I decided to give up using it, I got to the racecourse at 1.45 and only just made my seat for kick off at 3!

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Why ?,... its a home only pub,.... plus they check tickets on most games.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here