Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lingard

BroadwayGull

Jan 31, 2014
Worthing
Lingard played 35 minutes for United tonight against Real Madrid. Played right wing back in LVG's new system. Played very well, defensively sound, passing and crossing was sound, and even showed some strength!

No chance of getting him back on loan.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Oh well if you say so then it must be true.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Good enough for Utd, but not good enough for Bright.

#NSClogic

I do agree but........ I think it should be weighed up with

how many games he plays.

I think he'd be better for us if we were in the premier league, just think the Championship is a different style and the physical element shouldn't be under-estimated.

He'll probably be back around Christmas to guide us to the title.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
In a more attacking line up I think he could really shine for us this year, if we can get him back. I think he'll go out on loan somewhere as I'll be surprised if he is considered good enough for a side looking to get back in to the Champion's League this season though.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
I would imagine he will want to stay there and fight for a place. However, playing in front of the biggest crowd for a United game since 1957 against world class opposition will have done wonders for his confidence.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Not fussed about having him on loan, not because I don't rate him, but I would rather Solly got the game time and experience and I think Lingard would probably take his slot.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Lingard played 35 minutes for United tonight against Real Madrid. Played right wing back in LVG's new system. Played very well, defensively sound, passing and crossing was sound, and even showed some strength!

No chance of getting him back on loan.

Should I give negative posts from 'barely used London based posters' little consideration....yes, probably. I always seem to get a sniff of Smelhurst Pk about them. :rolleyes:

BroadwayGull

Jan 31, 2014
Worthing
Should I give negative posts from 'barely used London based posters' little consideration....yes, probably. I always seem to get a sniff of Smelhurst Pk about them. :rolleyes:

Haha, read the forum for years. Never felt the need to get involved with some of the squabble on here so only created an account a short while ago.

And I'm originally from Worthing.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
I thought Lingard was decent for us. It's also worth noting that he had a good pre season last summer and still didn't get into the Utd team.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here