Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If you were the chairman

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
Lease the catering stands out to firms who know what they are doing!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
So if you were the chairman of BHA what would you do differently ?

Great thread. Hardly anything, though I do wonder why we're building a hotel....

Might just be me not seeing the bigger picture, but I can't see how it will generate income.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Great thread. Hardly anything, though I do wonder why we're building a hotel....

Might just be me not seeing the bigger picture, but I can't see how it will generate income.
You're kidding, right?

Brighton is woefully short of:-

Beds.
Car parking.
Easy access routes.

Building a hotel at Falmer ticks all of those boxes.
On top of that it will generate trade from the Uni, parents, staff, visitors.
And to ice the cake it'll guarantee trade through Jan/Feb when other hotels are scratching around.

Done right and priced right, a hotel at Falmer will be a massive cash generating beasty.

If I were the chairman, I'd have built a huge hotel where the Amex is, turned my millions into billions.
Out of the kindness of my heart I would have given a roof for the South Stand at Withdean, making it one of the best stadiums in the Sussex County League.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
You're kidding, right?

Brighton is woefully short of:-

Beds.
Car parking.
Easy access routes.

Building a hotel at Falmer ticks all of those boxes.
On top of that it will generate trade from the Uni, parents, staff, visitors.
And to ice the cake it'll guarantee trade through Jan/Feb when other hotels are scratching around.

Done right and priced right, a hotel at Falmer will be a massive cash generating beasty.

If I were the chairman, I'd have built a huge hotel where the Amex is, turned my millions into billions.
Out of the kindness of my heart I would have given a roof for the South Stand at Withdean, making it one of the best stadiums in the Sussex County League.

Interesting, other than the Uni element, why would anyone want to be located next to a football ground and railway line? Its hardly high end.

Surely tourists want to be in the City Centre?

I'm sure you are right and I am wrong, but I don't see it as you've described it. As I say its probably me not seeing the bigger picture.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I would have more stalls outside the ground selling food football badges scarfs flags to take away the sterile approach to the ground I used love walking to the goldstone in 1970 you would find on the corner of goldstone lane some street sellers. I used to love the street atmosphere as you approached grounds in London always a buzz. The smell onions from the hot dog stalls.
I also agree BG and have it the catering in house or more local company's that are also fans who would help the club to increase its consumption without screwing the fans.!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I would allow a free for all in 1 stand,swearing standing abuse and so forth,no under 14's or over 65's permitted

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Actually, just thought of something else, I would have a betting booth. I think that was planned originally and then shelved.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I would put some seats in at the training ground so the DS squad and youth teams could play all there games at the new training ground so fans could watch and use the facility as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here