Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Usain Bolt

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
A bit good, isn't he?

Just watched the Mens 4x100m Final at the Commonwealth Games - for the first three legs England and Jamaica were virtually neck and neck, then he got the baton on the anchor leg and won it by probably about 10 metres.

Phenomenal athlete. :bowdown:

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I think JAMAICA being a small island and having so much success, makes me think of Lance Armstrong.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I think JAMAICA being a small island and having so much success, makes me think of Lance Armstrong.

Alternatively, the Jamiacans don't retire to their xboxes and are active after school, they have the weather for it. Black athletes tend to be better. It's all in the genes.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Quite simply brilliant, the pre race dancing was a nice touch as well

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Alternatively, the Jamiacans don't retire to their xboxes and are active after school, they have the weather for it. Black athletes tend to be better. It's all in the genes.
It was'nt a question of race, i cant imagine another Alan Wells winning soon, but there is a lot of african, african americans etc who you think would have a chance to beat the jamaicans.

D

Deleted member 18477

Enjoy it whilst it lasts. Bolt will retire in 2 to 3 years. Either after the Olympics in Rio 2016 or the world champs in Beijing the year after. He'll want to retire on top of the world that's for sure. An unbelievable athlete.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Although, back in the early 80s, English athletes dominated the middle distances. A friend of mine, a very talented runner, was offered a scholarship in the States. He said that as soon as he came on the track and the American youngsters heard his accent, they thought they were beaten. How times change.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

It was'nt a question of race, i cant imagine another Alan Wells winning soon, but there is a lot of african, african americans etc who you think would have a chance to beat the jamaicans.

Oh the irony.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I've been at Hampden the last couple of nights and the buzz when Bolt appears is amazing.

Despite Amex like travel issues a large proportion of the crowd waited a good 30 mins after the last race just to see the medal ceremony.

Yoda

English & European

Christophe Lemaitre is pretty quick. :wink:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here