Independent Article

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Good read from a decent paper

Ruffy

Jun 24, 2014
For those of us who like a bit of a preview, rather than just a link....

"Sami Hyypia brings touch of Roy to Brighton"

Sami Hyypia says: “I’m the kind of guy who likes challenges.” Which is just as well. Winning tackles and heading duels in a distinguished playing career was one thing, but next Saturday the former Liverpool and Finland defender faces a different kind of test in his first competitive match as manager of Brighton & Hove Albion, at home to Sheffield Wednesday in the Championship.

The Seagulls have reached the play-off semi-finals in the past two seasons, losing under Gus Poyet in 2013 and Oscar Garcia last season, and Hyypia is under no illusions that even matching the top-six finishes of his Latin predecessors will be an uphill task. .....

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
well done NAN

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Is he touting himself at the end of that interview? :lolol:

Good article

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
It states Hyypia won the Bundesliga at Bayer Leverkusen last season. Bayern Munich might have something to say about that. Good article though.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
"Laborious transition from defense to attack" a good way of putting it. Generally ineffective and boring would be another.

We had that under Gus as well in case anyone has forgotten and thinks it was just an Oscar trait.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
We had that under Gus as well in case anyone has forgotten and thinks it was just an Oscar trait.

Indeed, I was thinking about both stewardships, not just the last one. The last one was possibly a little worse, less effective but as I only see us when we're on TV and from what I read on here, I could be wrong.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Indeed, I was thinking about both stewardships, not just the last one. The last one was possibly a little worse, less effective but as I only see us when we're on TV and from what I read on here, I could be wrong.

Bizarrely it seemed to get worse once we were over the worst of the injuries last season, which was a big disappointment.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Bizarrely it seemed to get worse once we were over the worst of the injuries last season, which was a big disappointment.

The number of people on here saying that all will be well once we get those injured back ..... I was never convinced it would be that straight forward. Didn't change the style of play. Possession is one thing, but you have to get somewhere with it, otherwise it's nothing but a stat.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here