Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Military Aircraft

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield

My dad flew on C130E Hercules with RAAF 37 Squadron (many years ago now). As a kid, was the first plane I ever flew on - got to spend a little time in the cockpit staring down through the glass floor...

Not read through the thread in full, so no idea if it's been mentioned: but I'll throw in here the Canberra. Australia built nearly 50 of them domestically and had them in service for 29 years before replacing them with the F111. had the opportunity to see 3 of them at the RAAF Amberley Heritage Centre earlier this year (along with an F111, which itself has now been retired).

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
My dad flew on C130E Hercules with RAAF 37 Squadron (many years ago now). As a kid, was the first plane I ever flew on - got to spend a little time in the cockpit staring down through the glass floor...

Not read through the thread in full, so no idea if it's been mentioned: but I'll throw in here the Canberra. Australia built nearly 50 of them domestically and had them in service for 29 years before replacing them with the F111. had the opportunity to see 3 of them at the RAAF Amberley Heritage Centre earlier this year (along with an F111, which itself has now been retired).
It's a real treat to get a flight in a Herc.
I got a chance whilst in the Falklands, when they were used as refuellers for the Phantoms.
I got harnessed in the back whilst the fuel pod was extended out and a Phantom appeared for fuel, about 20,000 ft up.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
It's a real treat to get a flight in a Herc.
I got a chance whilst in the Falklands, when they were used as refuellers for the Phantoms.
I got harnessed in the back whilst the fuel pod was extended out and a Phantom appeared for fuel, about 20,000 ft up.
Much as I love the Herc, I wouldn't describe it as a treat, hot at the front or cold at the rear and the para seats are not comfortable after a couple of hours and let's not mention the toilet or noise.

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
This beauty has just flown after a 34 year restoration, Tempest MK2.
Superb (nearly) WW2 fighter-bomber. Heading for Duxford I believe:

Tempest Mk2.jpg

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
Pictures emerging of the B21 during flight testing

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here