Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Military Aircraft

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Got a fondness for the Hercules, seeing as I've jumped out of 23 of the buggers :)

Having said that, what have Mr Spocks mum and Port Stanley airport got in common?
They both got F***ED by Vulcans

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
A mention is needed for the good old Spitfire. A legend in its time.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
The Blackbird is surprisingly small when you're under one in person - and it also looked quite crude and hacked together.

Vulcan will always be #1 - nothing else is ever going to have the (completely accidental) howl.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
This is the best technically and aerodynamically, the best military aircraft ever, it even out run the concorde...anyone not seen or heard this bad boy in flight has missed out
1366714.jpg

This comes 2nd for me
439-1.jpg

A personal fave of mine after spending two years at RAF Odiham and overseas with 7 squadron
Chinook-Helicopter-Photo0d1081.jpg

A10 - The Warthog, quite simply ...A Beast
a-10-warthog.jpg q

Last edited:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
These:
Typhoon Eurofighter
Harrier Jumpjet

Attachments

• RAF_Eurofighter_Typhoon.jpg
    RAF_Eurofighter_Typhoon.jpg
    678.1 KB · Views: 812
  • HarrierSideView.jpg
    HarrierSideView.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 797

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
My first posting in the RAF was to Honington shortly before the last Vulcan squadron shut down the departing fly past still brings me out in goosebumps. Loved the buccaneer as well, but the OPs choice takes a lot of beating.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
This is the best technically and aerodynamically, the best military aircraft ever, it even out run the concorde...anyone not seen or heard this bad boy in flight has missed out
View attachment 56963

BIG FAT THIS!

I was based at RAF Cranwell from '83-'86, and being the flying training school, visiting pilots often used to showboat a bit. I remember a visiting Lightening pilot screaming down the runway and thinking to myself that he's going to run out of runway in a minute, at which point, he sat the plane on it's arse and shot straight up with old after burners giving it large. Seriously impressive.

[YT]_CDLbokf9sg[/YT]

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
the Lockhead C-130 Hercules. I love this plane!
image.jpg

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Ilkley
Lancaster
Vulcan
Mosquito

With honourable mentions for the Spitfire, Typhoon (WWII) and Halifax Bomber (of which there is a beautiful example at the Yorkshire air Museum)

Looking forward to getting down for the Shoreham show, look forward to two Lancs.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Just seen an advert for an upcoming show on Quest (August 14th) which may interest some of the posters on this thread

22.00 14 Aug
CLASSIC BRITISH AIRCRAFT
Jetliners - Celebrating the Trident and VC10 and profiling the passionate enthusiasts who keep them flying.

22.30 14 Aug
CLASSIC BRITISH AIRCRAFT
Surveillance - Celebrating the Canberra and Nimrod and profiling the passionate enthusiasts who keep them flying.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
As an ex RAF walla, these would be my favourite aircraft.
The Phantom, Jaguar and the Argosy (known as the flying tit).

th.jpg1038420.jpgmodel_1561.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here