Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pride and the Albion

twowheelsbest

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton
I was watching the Pride Parade in London Road today, and it struck me that there was no Albion presence. Was there anything in Preston Park? I know we have no openly gay players at the club, but there is a lot of support within the gay community. I would have thought that with the season not starting until next week, this would have been a golden opportunity to break down a few barriers, and also get some good PR for the club.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
What barriers do you percieve exist between the club and the LBGT community then. It's not my speciality but I've not noticed any. I thought the club were only too proud tp be associated with that, or for that matter, any other, section of our community and fanbase.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I was watching the Pride Parade in London Road today, and it struck me that there was no Albion presence. Was there anything in Preston Park? I know we have no openly gay players at the club, but there is a lot of support within the gay community. I would have thought that with the season not starting until next week, this would have been a golden opportunity to break down a few barriers, and also get some good PR for the club.

Are you openly gay or just gay?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
if they want to watch the parade, by all means go, but no point in forcing them to go, plus, they are most likely doing prep for the season
Absolutely this.

Preparing for the new season is far more important than some pointless PR exercise.

twowheelsbest

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton
Are you openly gay or just gay?

Is that relevant ?- I just felt that with most of the major city institutions and services represented , it would be good to see the club there alongside in some form. Especially with the usual homophobic moronic chanting, we will inevitably get from the so called fans of other clubs in the league in the coming season.

At least I expected the Trolls to come out of the woodwork when I started this thread, so I'm not disappointed on that score!

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
I think that if the 'C' in AITC is to make sense then the OP is spot on. You don't have to be gay to join in, to promote, or to support the things that Pride stands for. Maybe someone could ask the team why the Albion haven't got involved.

Good shout [MENTION=14785]twowheelsbest[/MENTION]

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
Is that relevant ?- I just felt that with most of the major city institutions and services represented , it would be good to see the club there alongside in some form. Especially with the usual homophobic moronic chanting, we will inevitably get from the so called fans of other clubs in the league in the coming season.

At least I expected the Trolls to come out of the woodwork when I started this thread, so I'm not disappointed on that score!

Think your'e making an issue over nothing mate.

Might be best you build a bridge and get over it.

And glad you got the replies you were looking for in your post then. These so called 'Trolls' you speak of seemed to make reasoned comments to me to your loaded question!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Harry H

Comfortably numb.
Aug 11, 2010

Why make it an issue when it isn't.
Most of us couldn't give a flying feck about other peoples sex lives.
This is a football forum.
If Tom Daly was a top quality striker rather than a top quality diver,would any of us really care if he signed for the Albion and banged in 40 goals a season?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
If Tom Daly was a top quality striker rather than a top quality diver,would any of us really care if he signed for the Albion and banged in 40 goals a season?

but then several other topics are discussed regularly

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

He could get us a few penalties.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here