Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mike Smith RIP

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Nice chap. He and Sarah greene were regular customers of my pub. They had friends in the village and used to fly in and stay.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Great shame. Lots of childhood TV memories included Mike Smith. Also played a great role in Ghostwatch.

Sarah Greene was a tasty sort in her day too.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Is that what ruined Staplefield cricket square.

Excellent work. A mildly touching tribute to a recently and unexpectedly deceased individual, which you manage to turn into a moan about the cricket pitch. There really is nothing you can't put a negative spin on, is there?

Or was that supposed to be a joke, one that's gone straight over my head??

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Excellent work. A mildly touching tribute to a recently and unexpectedly deceased individual, which you manage to turn into a moan about the cricket pitch. There really is nothing you can't put a negative spin on, is there?

Or was that supposed to be a joke, one that's gone straight over my head??

Just be thankful he didn't make a reference to Mike's chopper.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
I remember his TV interview after the helo crash where he thought Sarah Greene had died. Heart-wrenching stuff.

RIP, and clearly one of those 70s/80s icons who was a decent sort.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Another 70s/80s DJ icon, gone to meet the big Spinmaster !!! Cheers for the wonderful memory's old chap xxxRIP :cheers:

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
R.I.P Mr Smith

Am I correct in thinking he did swap shop for a while or when Noël was off ill or holidays ?

Now there's a question. Unfortunately the mists of time are clouding my 70s vision too much for me to remember something like that.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
A very unfortunate way to go. RIP.

robinsonsgrin

Mar 16, 2009
LA...wishing it was devon..
household name for me in my yoof.... always recall him being mortified and so humble when someone who was being filmed for (I think) The LLB show died during the stunt.... then he of course suffered his own heli crash. life indeed, far too short... so im off for a kip!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here