Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best Players That The English League Has Missed Out On

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
In the Premier League era.

The Premier League has supposedly attracted the best players in the world. But who hasn't made the trip over here that we've really missed out on?

D

Deleted member 18477

Ronaldinho, Zidane, Roberto Carlos, Fat Ronaldo, Xavi

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
None of the really great players have played in the PL - Dennis Bergkamp is probably the best. I doubt that any of the true greats will ever play in the PL, to be honest. Just more Sky spin.

D

Deleted member 18477

None of the really great players have played in the PL - Dennis Bergkamp is probably the best. I doubt that any of the true greats will ever play in the PL, to be honest. Just more Sky spin.

Thierry Henry (won everything there is to win) - he is one of the best strikers I've ever seen.

Zidane would have you believe that Paul Scholes is a great, and it's hard to argue with his record as well.

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Pele
Maradonna
Van Basten
Cruyf
Platini
Maldini
Beckenbauer
Baggio
Baresi

This is going to be a very long list if anyone can be bothered...

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
Zlatan Ibrahimovic for me - I thought he was so overrated until he completely took England apart whilst playing for Sweden (scored 4 if my memory serves me correctly?)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Fair comment.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011

Probably true. Especially the bit about DB.

Henry I reckon would count as a really great player I think. Zola as well although he did come here a bit late. Van Persie has got to be up there.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Zidane and Ibrahimovic would have worked so well in our game. im not sure all greats would have, Messi for example looks great with the Barca midfield to do alot of work, not so good without.

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Before the Premier League started

Good point, well made! I only really paid attention to the thread title.

I don't really buy into the Premier League era anyway - it's just the top division as far as I'm concerned.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here