Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hypothetical question. Would you rather Oscar had stayed or are you happier with Sami?

Who would you prefer in charge, Oscar or Sami

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Just out of interest. There were a lot of anti Oscar posters on here by the end of last season. We know pretty well nothing about Sami as a manager. So who would you prefer if you had a choice?

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
I have absolutely no idea. And nor should anybody else until we've actually got a completed squad and played some GAMES THAT MATTER. Sheesh.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'd rather Oscar had wanted to stay, as I thought he did well with the resources he had last year, and we wouldn't be starting from scratch again.

But given that he left, I'm completely happy with Sami joining.

On that basis, F off stupid poll

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
I have absolutely no idea. And nor should anybody else until we've actually got a completed squad and played some GAMES THAT MATTER. Sheesh.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Oscar did amazingly with all the injuries and what had gone on before, we lost (what will be a top manager). Would love to have seen what he could have done with a pre season and his own players but it was not to be unfortunately

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
How anyone can decide between Sami and Oscar when we have seen no competitive games under Sami, don't have a full squad for him, and haven't given that squad time to deliver what Sami wants on the pitch is beyond me.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I'll answer your question once I've seen us playing competitive football, it will be hard for Sami to put out a team that plays more boring football than Garcoa did but I have my fears it might just happen.

It was Gus's strong squad that snuck us into the playoffs, another year of Oscars squad weakening and dull football would for me have resulted in midtable at best and lower crowds. No guarantee Sami will do better but we needed to try something else - we'll try again if Sami doesn't work. He's had lacklustre preseason but now comes the real test of his managerial talent

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I was one of the (apparent) few who liked Oscar, but that chapter is over.

Moving on, we need to wait and see, but I think Sami could well be a great manager for us.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Impossible to say, but I was never comfortable with OG, maybe it was just his lack of personality or maybe because his initials stood for Own Goal, I don't know.

I feel strangely happy with Sami tnough, with no evidence whatsoever. Maybe it's just that I liked him so much as a player.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
A manager who rarely trained the players, was uncontactable on transfer deadline day and oversaw a regime where medical staff were ignored and players over-trained to the point of injury or Sami Hyypia?

Tough one that.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Hypothetical answer .... Metropolitan line

Obscure fact: The Metropolitan Line was opened in 1863, and the last public execution took place at Aldgate in 1868. Thus meaning that it was possible to take the Underground to the scene. Rather surreal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here