Grabban

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Thread: Grabban
by daveyboy1973

Grabban

Apparently not worth the wages he wanted!! Scored twice tonight!! Who decides our wage cap??

Today, 21:42

Thread: The past!!!
by daveyboy1973

And I'm not a bedwetter

by daveyboy1973

Edit: don't wanna be playing catch up

by daveyboy1973

The past!!!

Why do people keep going on about the past and where we come from? Are we gonna be saying that forever? We all know what we've been through!!! The point is we have the highest attendances outside of...

Thread: Sami disappointed with the crowd for Southampton game [video]
by daveyboy1973

He looks and sounds like a man that thinks he's ****ed up coming here!!!!!

Thread: Brighton vs Southampton match thread
by daveyboy1973

Wow friendly or not, this is embarrassing!!!!!

Thread: Brighton vs Southampton match thread
by daveyboy1973

Have we actually been in their half!!!! Do the powers that be actually realise the season starts next week?????

Thread: Stockdale will he sign today !!!!
by daveyboy1973

And......... Surprise surprise still nothing!!!!!!!!!!!

Thread: Stockdale will he sign today !!!!
by daveyboy1973

And..................nothing

Thread: Emergency meeting + stockdale update
by daveyboy1973

And........... Nothing!!

Thread: "3 More Deals/Loans Next Week" - BBC
by daveyboy1973

Johhny cantor/Andy naylor neither of them have a ****ing clue what's going on!!!!!

Thread: Stream for tonight?
by daveyboy1973

Good luck sami!!! Your gonna need it

Thread: Stream for tonight?
by daveyboy1973

Lua lua same shower of shit every time he starts!!!!

Thread: O'Grady can be a big hit.
by daveyboy1973

New news would be nice in stead of the same regurgitated shit!!!!!

Thread: Luke Brattan
by daveyboy1973

Is that the extent of our ambition??????

Thread: Sammy Lee - joining Southampton FC (NOT assistant manager at the Albion)
by daveyboy1973

I really don't care who is or isn't gonna be our assistant manager, I'm much more interested in what PLAYERS we are gonna buy!!!!!!!

Thread: Brentford
by daveyboy1973

I hope we are looking at bigger targets!!! Otherwise this déjà vu feeling is getting a bit tedious!!!!

Congratulations on the COVETED NSC's Biggest Whinger of the Summer Award

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Apparently not worth the wages he wanted!! Scored twice tonight!! Who decides our wage cap??

Against a Spanish side who's opening league game is on 24 August, so Norwich will be 2 weeks ahead in fitness, etc, and its only a friendly.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton

Someone who clearly doesn't understand the true worth of a player....sadly.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
To be honest, not paying the extra 500K or so for Virgil Van Dijk, is probably a worse financial error.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I don't know what we offered him, and I don't know if he asked for more or just went home and asked for a pay rise. I was disappointed we didn't get him though, I thought he was worth us offering the max we could.

daveyboy1973

Feb 5, 2010
bexleyheath
No one does! But surely it wasn't that ridiculous!! A summer of frustration, I'll be the first to hold my hand up and say I was a whinging **** if everything turns out ok!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Shamir Fenelon scored a couple of goals in a pre-season game, too. I imagine he's on a lot less than Grabban was after.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I don't know what we offered him, and I don't know if he asked for more or just went home and asked for a pay rise. I was disappointed we didn't get him though, I thought he was worth us offering the max we could.

Yep, we failed to bag a great player and bottled it out of principle, not for business or even football reasons, and we are feeling the fall out from January now. We would have always at least of got our money back on him and as it turns out a £2m profit if we didn't get promotion and decided to sell him.

Oscar clearly saw his value and we should have made the investment on his judgement because it would have been good business whatever the scenario.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Hindsight is a wonderful thing. For every player we missed out on that has gone on to do well there are probably 4 or 5 that have gone on to confirm they are actually sh1t!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here